Doomsday Preppers

I don't hope for one, but I do believe if it happened our country would emerge stronger on the other side as people remember what is truly important in life. Also, it would be nice to get rid of the majority of liberals haha :boink:

I would like to see the guy who thinks he's going to use his sling to kill birds for meat try it in the field.
Somehow I think the reality will be different from his theory.

Actually, I know a couple of people who actually practice with all types of primitive weapons. They can very consistently hit moving targets with slings & sling shots. They also make bow & arrows & Atlatl's (look it up :)). Granted these people put lots of time and effort into perfecting these skills, but it is very feasible, human beings have been eating meat long before guns came on the scene. I personally prefer the smell of gun powder in the morning.

Actually, I know a couple of people who actually practice with all types of primitive weapons. They can very consistently hit moving targets with slings & sling shots. They also make bow & arrows & Atlatl's (look it up :)). Granted these people put lots of time and effort into perfecting these skills, but it is very feasible, human beings have been eating meat long before guns came on the scene. I personally prefer the smell of gun powder in the morning.

Oh, I agree that primitive weapons in the hands of an expert can be quite deadly.
However, in my experience those types of weapons require greater proficiency from the operator than say a Ruger 10/22 to put game on the table in realistic field conditions.
Most of the people that I have seen have this romantic idea that they will be able to use these types of tools w/o lots of practice & the reality falls way short of the fantasy.

Oh, I agree that primitive weapons in the hands of an expert can be quite deadly.
However, in my experience those types of weapons require greater proficiency from the operator than say a Ruger 10/22 to put game on the table in realistic field conditions.
Most of the people that I have seen have this romantic idea that they will be able to use these types of tools w/o lots of practice & the reality falls way short of the fantasy.

I agree, I've had plenty of days with no game while using the most modern weapons available to civilians.

Show is pretty good, they do a great job of showing all sides of prepping and all different types of people that do it. The variety is what makes it interesting to me, one segment has a guy with an underground bunker full of guns and the next segment is some hippie from LA who plans to scavenge the streets of Los Angeles for weeds and grubs.

Back
Top Bottom