• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

downside to adding trustees?

Tanman2003

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
6   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to form a trust using Dean Phillip's method, is there any downside to adding your friends on it in addition to your family. They are legal etc. and I trust them. Is there any additional paperwork or troubles by adding more people on your trust?

thanks,

-Brian

Well, the only thing I can think of is that after July 14 you'll need prints for all of them any time you make another NFA transfer to the trust. (ie: buy suppressors, make SBRs)

Well, the only thing I can think of is that after July 14 you'll need prints for all of them any time you make another NFA transfer to the trust. (ie: buy suppressors, make SBRs)
cool thanks! Although, I heard you can file an amendment when you buy a new nfa item that removes all the trustees. Then after you receive the item, you can put the trustees back on by shredding the amendment. and the ATF doesn't want to know about subsequent amendments.

cool thanks! Although, I heard you can file an amendment when you buy a new nfa item that removes all the trustees. Then after you receive the item, you can put the trustees back on by shredding the amendment. and the ATF doesn't want to know about subsequent amendments.
Interesting, hopefully some of the legal heads on here will chime in

Back
Top Bottom