• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dr Allowed To Ask About Guns....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Florida doctors can ask patients about guns, court rules
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-can-ask-patients-about-guns-court-rules.html

Y'all ever have a dr who asks whether you own guns?

I have never had one ask this-and if I did, I would respond with an equally irrelevant question-like "does your boyfriend normally help you out with a reach-around?"

What is the world coming to-when the CDC declares gun deaths a freaking disease? (Any MD stupid enough to go for that nonsense ain't gonna get my business.)

One of my Doctors has pics of his latest hunt on his wall and the other is on the board of my sportsmans club. If I DIDN'T have a gun they would wonder what was wrong. Hell, I use my carry permit as my photo ID when I get carded for a credit card purchase.

I believe many do in GA, some check box on a government form, the FL reference is to lecturing about gun safety.

My doctor did when I joined, he's pro gun.

On the rare occasion anyone asks me "own A gun", I respond, "no, I do not own A gun". If they are savvy enough to pick up on the subtly, it's usually a good conversation. If not, then we move on.

Florida doctors can ask patients about guns, court rules
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-can-ask-patients-about-guns-court-rules.html

Y'all ever have a dr who asks whether you own guns?

I have never had one ask this-and if I did, I would respond with an equally irrelevant question-like "does your boyfriend normally help you out with a reach-around?"

What is the world coming to-when the CDC declares gun deaths a freaking disease? (Any MD stupid enough to go for that nonsense ain't gonna get my business.)

I will blister the ears of whoever is out in the lobby with my answer.

On one hand I think this should be fine if the circumstances warrant it. I ask mine to check lead levels whenever I do blood tests, since I shoot at indoor ranges a lot.

I think the concern was that there would be a systematic attempt to query people on gun ownership, then use docs (who are notoriously anti-gun as a group) to distribute gun control propaganda.

They could also document it in forms going to the government, and with the VA and SSA putting people on the NICS list for no reason, you could see why this would be a concerns.

On the rare occasion anyone asks me "own A gun", I respond, "no, I do not own A gun". If they are savvy enough to pick up on the subtly, it's usually a good conversation. If not, then we move on.
Any time anyone asks me whether I carry or own, the answer is no. If I wanted someone to know then I would duct tape the thing to my chest and paint it with glow in the dark neon green paint. My purposes for doing things in my life are no one's concern but my own. It's a concealed carry permit (not a uniform,) and it's my home (not a gun store.) If there is a sign on the door and I'm already carrying, what they don't know won't hurt them. I've read somewhere that a sign on the door in some states actually becomes law, whether you are legal in that state to carry or not? Ugh, things are becoming rediculous.

Got into a huge argument with my kids pediatrician a few years ago. They asked if we owned guns and if they were locked up. I told them it was none of their business.

Got into a huge argument with my kids pediatrician a few years ago. They asked if we owned guns and if they were locked up. I told them it was none of their business.
As if you brought your kid in constantly with gun shot wounds, smh. The nannies of the world really get under my skin sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom