• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dry Fire Training

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
For all of you great ODTers, what is your preferable dry fire or dry firing training?

I have been training with my air soft pistol though and I love it... Actually when the CO2 is dying, the accuracy is not that great. But one thing awesome about this training is that you can find ANY replica of your pistol nowadays, from Glock, to Sig, rifles, etc.

Share your thoughts on this one. I know there are many other options, but for me, this has been the less expensive one.

Drawing from the holster to have a smoother presentation.

I stand in front of the mirror for 20 min intervals x2 just going through my draw stoke, (Slow is smooth and smooth is fast).

It culminates each time in a target acquisition and depressing the trigger until the metallic click happens.

I also go through dime washer drills so to speak with my pistols as well. I have wooden dowels I use IOT accomplish this the ends of the have been sanded smooth and Shellacked to create a slippery surface for a washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a Mantix and dry fire practice with your actual weapon as long as it has a rail.
Actually MantisX is very amazing and great; problem is that you have to go to the range to have better training. With my air soft, I can practice right on my back yard patio.

Video about MantisX

At the range the other day, I was training drawing the pistol fast, which I left with just one round, then changing the mag in real fast time. This is training for under pressure situation. But, live firing at the range. - Believe me, it is not easy. You force your brain to work and to think fast, because you have to drop the mag out, pull the other one from your pocket and shoot back quickly. TRY IT!!

At the range the other day, I was training drawing the pistol fast, which I left with just one round, then changing the mag in real fast time. This is training for under pressure situation. But, live firing at the range. - Believe me, it is not easy. You force your brain to work and to think fast, because you have to drop the mag out, pull the other one from your pocket and shoot back quickly. TRY IT!!
I did that earlier today. My friend and I used a shot timer and I was getting about an average time of 1.7 seconds from draw (iwb holster with a T shirt on to) to first shot. I'd like to get that time closer to the 1.0 mark.

I did that earlier today. My friend and I used a shot timer and I was getting about an average time of 1.7 seconds from draw (iwb holster with a T shirt on to) to first shot. I'd like to get that time closer to the 1.0 mark.
Which shot timer do you use? And does anyone have shot timer suggestions as well?

Which shot timer do you use? And does anyone have shot timer suggestions as well?
It's actually just an app that he downloaded on his phone. It works pretty well. I would like to get an actual stand alone shot timer though. In for suggestions as well.

Back
Top Bottom