• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dry lube?

i dont know if powder/residue binds with frog lube or exactly how it works, but i know i have shot hundreds of rounds at one range visit and never had any issue with the gun having build up and not being able to cycle, or any range visit for that matter. also know too that i clean my guns after every time i shot. of course the amount of residue is also depenent on the quality of ammo, ive learned that cheap ammo creates more dirt. i know i sound like an advicate for this stuff but my ar runs great when wet and this stuff does just that. its like $25, comes with past and liquid. the instructions say to heat up the metal before you apply the paste, they say it binds to the metal better when you do this. can apply it where ever lube it needed.

I got some Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner and Dry Lube from when I brought my Hornady press but I haven't used it on the guns yet. I just oil them with Hoppes.

i dont know if powder/residue binds with frog lube or exactly how it works, but i know i have shot hundreds of rounds at one range visit and never had any issue with the gun having build up and not being able to cycle, or any range visit for that matter. also know too that i clean my guns after every time i shot. of course the amount of residue is also depenent on the quality of ammo, ive learned that cheap ammo creates more dirt. i know i sound like an advicate for this stuff but my ar runs great when wet and this stuff does just that. its like $25, comes with past and liquid. the instructions say to heat up the metal before you apply the paste, they say it binds to the metal better when you do this. can apply it where ever lube it needed.

Hell that really does sound good!! being able to run light lube on an ar may be a HUGE interest for me, thanks!

So I took the plunge and grabbed some frog lube :) Soviet, am I right in that you heat all treated components, then whispered the lube ob and allow to dry?

Frog lube is great stuff, but from my understanding its better to apply the paste to warm metal (I usually use the gf's hair dryer). The liquid is great and it doesn't run. I still wouldn't eat it

Back
Top Bottom