• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

drying rack for wet tumbling

Just put them on a towel and spread them out on a flat table with a fan blowing on them. It dries them out quicker that you would think. Pistol brass will dry in 3 to 4 hours inside and out. They are dry to on the outside in just a few minutes. Rifle brass takes about 24 hours. You can start sizing them sooner if you don't mind a little water in the primer pockets.

I cut the bottom off of an MTM reload carry box primer down and it holds 100 rounds or less, then I use a hair dryer and by heating the brass it will dry in just a couple of minutes. They get really warm this way, but I don't reload them next, I use others I have prepped already and put these in a plastic shell box holder and put the prep date on it. Make sure you put a paper towel under the box to keep the water off anything important.

Procovert, where did you find the plastic, it looks like it fits perfectly for that caliber. Does it come smaller and larger with the holes.
Thanks

amazon.com , they have all sizes. these hold ALOT of cases for drying but to me it was really as much about mass inspection of case mouth and flash holes. i used to dry on towells too,this guarantees no water is pooled in random cases.

Back
Top Bottom