• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Duck hunters

No sir, been to Reelfoot a few times though & hunted w/ Ben Parker's outfit. However, we've since been hunting the Obion river w/ a guide... going on 4 yrs now. I've got a small swamp here in west GA that yields a handful of birds each year. But, nothing to amount to much... mostly woodies.
Just can't seem to find anywhere local that consistently does good. Wish I lived in a flyway.
Obion is close to Reelfoot. About 15-20mi below it

No sir, been to Reelfoot a few times though & hunted w/ Ben Parker's outfit. However, we've since been hunting the Obion river w/ a guide... going on 4 yrs now. I've got a small swamp here in west GA that yields a handful of birds each year. But, nothing to amount to much... mostly woodies.
Just can't seem to find anywhere local that consistently does good. Wish I lived in a flyway.
Man I hear you, it is really hit or miss around here as well. I was super shocked when I shot the pintail

Did you get your pintail mounted?
Oh yeah, he was a younger bird but you don’t knock those off everyday around here!
D37F0D2D-25CC-4A66-8095-74739D46C5ED.jpeg

Oh yeah, he was a younger bird but you don’t knock those off everyday around here!View attachment 5140721
Yeah mine was younger too, he didn’t have a sprig. But like you said they are pretty hard to come by around here. Also I shot mine on my birthday, so that makes it even more special

Back
Top Bottom