Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

Lol...

Where would the EV market be if gasoline prices were naturally lower and team Biden wasn't pushing them so hard? They care more about global warming than the American consumer. Remember from 2021...

"Joe Biden has followed through on a campaign pledge by introducing a moratorium on new oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters. With nearly 25 percent of U.S. oil and gas production coming from federal lands, the policy shift may have significant implications for future investment and production. The backlash from oil and gas producing states will be fierce and lawsuits have already begun, but the Biden administration views this policy as a key part of its climate agenda and is unlikely to change course."

Let the market decide without cutting domestic oil production or exporting what oil we produce to keep gas prices high.

Let consumers shop for a new vehicle without tax payer funded subsidies for EVs.

If the entire US car/truck/commercial market bought EVs tomorrow, where would we get the power to charge them all? Lol...we don't produce that much electricity and can't produce that much. Our power grid can't handle it either. Switching 18 wheelers to EVs will require a huge increase in demand for electricity. Where will it all come from? More dirty coal plants?

Plus if we go all EV we will be even more dependent on China for finished batteries and the raw materials to produce them here. Hmmm....wonder if that is part of Joe's plan?

EVs work for some consumers and if they want want one, great...go buy one. What my objection is the forcing manufacturers to build them through very high EPA CAFE requirements or tougher and tougher emission standards. Team Biden wants gasoline prices artificially up so consumers are pushed in that direction too. Stay out of it and the free market decide. I'd say hybrids are a better solution.
Why is this so hard? It's like hockey ..don't skate to the puck. Skate to where the puck is going.

EV is where it's at. I'm sure a lot of kerosene producers and candle wax producers complain about subsidies in building out the utility grid. U can't fight progress dude.

The oil companies saw their share of subsidies too so let's not go there altogether

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

When they get power storage, power generation, and the infrastructure set up makes better financial sense then it may be the future. But, it isn't there yet and trying to force the square peg in the round hole isn't going to magically make it work.
No so sure u need to generate it. There is enough already. The issue is physics which can be solved.

When electricity is generated, it must be used or stored. So the dam generator is still generating electricity at night when u sleep. It goes unused.

So u can get a Tesla Powerball and store the electric at night at 4 to 5 cents a kilowatt. And use that during the day when the price of electricity is 12 to 14 cents.

This is exactly the solution. Square peg in square peg

I love the what ifsss.

I wonder if my dad ever questioned what if the Oldsmobile omega he bought in 1980 was going to last more than 80k miles. And it didn't.

Or if my eldest brother ever asked about his 1979 pinto was gonna last thru college. And it didn't

Or if gas prices would hit $5 a gallon anytime soon.

I guess I'm an optimist when I say I trust the EV engineers than the GM or Ford with a terrible record

The people who engineered those vehicles are probably dead.

Replace your batteries: Yes or no?

I hope nobody took your advice at 400.
I've lost any respect for your input on finances just now.

Wait...are u kidding me? I'm pretty sure ur savvy with stocks but ur totally off base here. U hope people didn't take my advice at 400?

It WAS $400 in 2018 when Elon said he would take it private for $420

I been buying since 2013/2014 for $218

It's $190 today but i didn't lose money because the stock has had 3-1 and 5-1 splits

You have to take $190 todays prices and multiply by 15x for apples to apples comparison.

On a down day, this is worth $2,850

WOW dude...WOW

Back
Top Bottom