• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

E P Lowers?

TxBoyX2

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
16   0
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of, or dealt with them? They make an 80% poly lower, and I was getting ready to order one to try, but two things really made me pause.
1st: They seem to have issues cleaning their paint machines, and end up with several lowers that are dual colored. Most companies would call that a 'blem' and mark it down. They call it a 'hybrid', and sell it at full price.
2nd: They have random stories from internet commandos claiming their lowers are better than metal lowers. Not lighter, tougher. This made me wonder if the owners were writing their own reviews.
So, after that, has anyone picked one of these up? Can I get an ODT review?
Their 'hybrid':
ghey.jpg

What makes them "better?" What shortcomings does forged aluminum have?
I was trying to figure that out. The article had some nonsense about the lower having more elasticity, there for less likely to warp under pressure. I'm not sure wtf they were doing to their ARs.

Girl, i aint buying nothing from somebody with those nails.
You're so picky.

I was trying to figure that out. The article had some nonsense about the lower having more elasticity, there for less likely to warp under pressure. I'm not sure wtf they were doing to their ARs.You're so picky.
More elasticity than aluminum which has proven to be 100% reliable over the past 50 years. Never once have I heard of someone complaining that their lower didn't have enough elasticity. Snake oil, and since they are 80%, they don't have to answer to the ATF. No thanks.

More elasticity than aluminum which has proven to be 100% reliable over the past 50 years. Never once have I heard of someone complaining that their lower didn't have enough elasticity. Snake oil, and since they are 80%, they don't have to answer to the ATF. No thanks.
I was thinking the same thing, but I thought I would ask first. Here's the article. Read down to the part about poly being tougher than aluminum. Atleast you'll get a laugh.
http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/journal/2013/6/11/80-complete-ar15-polymer-jig-less-ep-lowers.html

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought I would ask first. Here's the article. Read down to the part about poly being tougher than aluminum. Atleast you'll get a laugh. http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/journal/2013/6/11/80-complete-ar15-polymer-jig-less-ep-lowers.html
I see the attraction, it is a cool concept to be sure. I personally don't trust anything with polymer threads, especially when they are used to thread something metal (buffer tube, pistol grip screw, etc ). All that said, I have pretty much outgrown anything 80%. I prefer a known manufacture on the side of my gear.

I see the attraction, it is a cool concept to be sure. I personally don't trust anything with polymer threads, especially when they are used to thread something metal (buffer tube, pistol grip screw, etc ). All that said, I have pretty much outgrown anything 80%. I prefer a known manufacture on the side of my gear.
i was thinking about a poly build to see how lite I could make the rifle. I know they aren't on the heavy side to begin with, but it was just one of those, 'what could I come up with?' build ideas.

Back
Top Bottom