• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Early season clothes

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
With the season getting ready to start in about a month. I was curious what you guys use for early season clothing.trying to find something to keep me cool on the hot days. ESP since I do a lot of ground hunting

It’s too hot for clothing. I hunt naked. 😂

Seriously though, I wear a lightweight moisture wick long sleeve. Thinking of trading in my snake boots for some strap on snake gaiters so I can take them off when I go up in the tree.

images (2).jpg

It’s too hot for clothing. I hunt naked. 😂

Seriously though, I wear a lightweight moisture wick long sleeve. Thinking of trading in my snake boots for some strap on snake gaiters so I can take them off when I go up in the tree.
Yeah, that’s what I do for my shirt. Just trying to find a good pair of lightweight breathable pants.

I wear a 150 gram merino wool hoody or crew neck shirt early season. For pants its either a pair of lightweight synthetic or merino wool.
The merino does very well at preventing me from sweating my butt off and smelling like a pig.

I usalually wear the tibee mossy oak stuff. It breahes pretty well and isn't too hot. It's the same that I wear mid and late turkey season. If it's cool I've got some mossy oak cotton mill pants as well as some overalls I'll wear with a t-shirt.

I'm thinking of buying some of the Under Armour camo bass pro has on sale right now just because I like the camo pattern and according to reviews would fill the role of early and mid season clothes.

I just got Academy Sports Magellan brand long sleeve UV "moisture wicking" veil flagship camo shirt and lightweight same thickness pants for 8$20 and $35. In 90ish F temps I felt better than a T-shirt and cotton shorts the night before without sun. Academy has changing rooms to try the sizes right away which was great to be in and out. I don't get to hunt enough to think expensive name brand makes a difference, so I can't yet comment how well the material holds up. Here's the item numbers if it helps:

I just got Academy Sports Magellan brand long sleeve UV "moisture wicking" veil flagship camo shirt and lightweight same thickness pants for 8$20 and $35. In 90ish F temps I felt better than a T-shirt and cotton shorts the night before without sun. Academy has changing rooms to try the sizes right away which was great to be in and out. I don't get to hunt enough to think expensive name brand makes a difference, so I can't yet comment how well the material holds up. Here's the item numbers if it helps:
Same here .
If it’s a little cooler out I’ll throw my Arcturus leafy cam suit on but regardless I’ll have my leafy hoodie on
And try to play the wind .
Scent control is my biggest issue on the hot , sweaty evenings.
Mornings usually okay.

I’ve got several scent control
Tactics i try to employ to keep my clothing smelling like the woods and not my body…..unfortunately I sweat like a Honduran prison camp.
L

Same here .
If it’s a little cooler out I’ll throw my Arcturus leafy cam suit on but regardless I’ll have my leafy hoodie on
And try to play the wind .
Scent control is my biggest issue on the hot , sweaty evenings.
Mornings usually okay.

I’ve got several scent control
Tactics i try to employ to keep my clothing smelling like the woods and not my body…..unfortunately I sweat like a Honduran prison camp.
L
Yeah mornings aren’t back but the evening sits I could ring my clothes out from sweat. Pants are the hard part for me. Finding a pair that can help me keep cool.

Back
Top Bottom