• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How's your season so far?

This is the 4th season I have missed..One day I'll be able to go out again..
I've missed several years in a row at this point too. First couples years, I just didn't need the meat. Then it has been taking care of both sets of parents. Then a move that we haven't finished with. I found out it cost $130 to process a deer now. That kind of put the icing on the cake

I've missed several years in a row at this point too. First couples years, I just didn't need the meat. Then it has been taking care of both sets of parents. Then a move that we haven't finished with. I found out it cost $130 to process a deer now. That kind of put the icing on the cake
Use to love sitting around the fire pit with my Brothers sipping on a good bourbon, and planing strategies for the next day's hunt...Then watching mother nature waking up in the am..Taking a deer was just a bonus.

Use to love sitting around the fire pit with my Brothers sipping on a good bourbon, and planing strategies for the next day's hunt...Then watching mother nature waking up in the am..Taking a deer was just a bonus.
Comradery is always good. I've always been all business when I get in the woods. I've sat sunup to sundown and stalked. Made all the mistakes first before I started to score. Then it was all about getting in and getting out so I could get something else done.

Killed a small doe and seen many small bucks chasing but nothing crazy. Been a weird season. They all like to come out to play during the night it seems like. Been in the stand a lot this year so going to keep trying but I’m hunting for meat after November is up.

Yea I have seen a ton I think 135 out of stand since season started 3 nice 8 pts just 120 ish got a couple 10s getting pics every night just haven’t crossed paths. After the rut I will start smashing the does.biologist said we need to kill 80. You no that ain’t gonna happen when you start popping them they get weary.i will kill this old warrior if I see him.View attachment 6461633View attachment 6461634
Hope you can get him! He’s a stud!
We have his long lost brother out here on my place. My daughter wants to shoot this one really bad.
Good luck with that tall order of does too. You are gonna have your hands full.
IMG_0788.jpeg

2 in the freezer thus far. Prayerfully will have the opportunity to get 2 or 3 more before January. Congrats to all yall who have scored this year and best of luck to everyone still after em 🙏🦌🙏

Back
Top Bottom