Easy, at-home, AK magazine reload indicator

"Open up your magand drill your hole first. Put it back together and load 6 rounds. Make scratches to indicate which part of the follower shows, repeat this with 3 rounds. This will tell you where the diagonal needs to be. Put a base layer of white, the use masking tape to mark your line, paint the yellow, switch your tape to cover the other side and paint red. Clear coat to minimize wear and there ya go."

Nah.

Hmmm......and I wonder why "operators" like SOCOM and MARSOC use Magpul PMags with windows in the side that allow them to check their cartridge count?

I guess the real "operators" here on ODT need to show those "wannabes" a thing or two.

But this isn't talking about P Mags. I like the Magpul mags, personally, and would buy them before I would go to the trouble of installing these indicators.

You're not operatory unless you can keep a running rounds remaining count in your head, no matter what you're doing, going thru.

But this isn't talking about P Mags. I like the Magpul mags, personally, and would buy them before I would go to the trouble of installing these indicators.

Since they don't make an AK mag, from Magpul or otherwise, with an indicator, ingenious fellows come up with alternatives.

Since they don't make an AK mag, from Magpul or otherwise, with an indicator, ingenious fellows come up with alternatives.

I'm not knocking their innovations, or the necessity of them.

I figured Magpul has a windowed AK mag by now. They should. Their standard AK mags work well.

Back
Top Bottom