• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ebay just removed my auction for Pmags...

blessed1222

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Didnt do much research before listing pmags on ebay, but I did specify to all buyers that it would be their responsibility to comply with local laws and regulations. One hour after I listed I received this....

- You listed an assault weapon accessory. We've decided not to allow PMAG's as they are only compatible with assault weapons.
- While the majority of firearm accessories are allowed on the site, heavy limitations surround the sale of assault weapon accessories. For safety concerns and in order to follow laws and regulations, we restrict the kinds of weapons and accessories that can be sold on eBay.
- Also, please keep in mind that magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are not allowed on the site.
- Please do not relist this item. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy and this notice is simply to make sure that you are aware of it going forward.

Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.

But you can list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. If you do sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.

Keep in mind that any listing for an item that's described as a part or an accessory for an assault weapon will be removed. Even if an item doesn't attach to an assault weapon, you still can't list it on eBay.

Didnt do much research before listing pmags on ebay, but I did specify to all buyers that it would be their responsibility to comply with local laws and regulations. One hour after I listed I received this....

- You listed an assault weapon accessory. We've decided not to allow PMAG's as they are only compatible with assault weapons.
- While the majority of firearm accessories are allowed on the site, heavy limitations surround the sale of assault weapon accessories. For safety concerns and in order to follow laws and regulations, we restrict the kinds of weapons and accessories that can be sold on eBay.
- Also, please keep in mind that magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are not allowed on the site.
- Please do not relist this item. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy and this notice is simply to make sure that you are aware of it going forward.

Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.

But you can list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. If you do sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.

Keep in mind that any listing for an item that's described as a part or an accessory for an assault weapon will be removed. Even if an item doesn't attach to an assault weapon, you still can't list it on eBay.

Welcome to the club! They removed a K grip I had on there. Also some mags. But, you can disassemble them and call them a repair kit and sell them. I put usgi mags on there and didn't specify what for or size. They didn't sell but I got them on there. I called eBay and lit into them about it. Didn't do any good but made me
Feel better.

The "no more than 10 round mag" rule has been in place for a long time, and applies even if it isn't an "assault weapon" part.

eBay actually loosened the policy last year. After the VA Tech shooting (apparently Cho bought his spare P22 mags on eBay), they banned most gun part sales. Over a few years, they realized they were missing out on big volume because of increasing gun sales in the U.S, and the popularity of firearms accessories. So they walked the policy back to a more reasonable level, but held the line on high cap mags and "assault weapon" parts.

Like Dicks, Academy, Bass Pro, et. al., the leadership of these companies are walking a tightrope. It's not about 2nd Amendment principles for them. It's about their calculated attempts to offend the least number of their customers so they can retain the highest amount of their business. In other words, they lean which ever way the political winds are blowing.

I put a 20rnd tapco mag on a week ago and it was removed but the message they sent me was saying it could be no more than a 10rnd but said nothing about assault weapon accesory so they must have just started sayin that. Also all of the more than 10rnd capacity mag i have bid on was also removed before the auction ended.

Back
Top Bottom