eBay Quad Rail

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Ok, serious question. I have used $100 quad rails and $25 eBay quad rails and cannot, for the life of me tell a difference. Last week I looked at a few QR's and decides to take a gamble and buy an anodized aluminum M4 rail on eBay. It installed in seconds, is solid as a rock, does not move, looks good and weighs the same as the name brand ones. I don't mind paying for quality when it matters but what does a $100+ QR do that this $24 one can't?

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_06_18_raqenesy.jpg

Free float,,,that is another thing. I have 5 ARs, 2 have free float rails, the others don't. I have yet to notice any difference in accuracy at any range with free float vs not free floating hand guards. Hype Hype and more Hype. In theory, I understand..like floating and bedding a bolt rifle. Perhaps at 800 yards it might give you a half inch or so if a sudden gust of wind doesn't blow it off course a foot or so anyway. But I don't rely on an AR for those kinds of shots and even if I did, I still don't think free float rails make a hill of beans difference.

You have to realize that most people are name brand struck idiots. I hate to say it but its true.

Its comparable to the guy who takes his car to Firestone for a repair and I recommended my friend who works out of his home shop and incidently worked for Firestone for 6 yrs and decided to go out on his own.
Firestone charged 1500.00
Formed Firestone Tech charged 1000.00

Same guarantee same work performed but the name struck idiot goes to Firestone.

This doesn't always apply as you already know.. but do know some are idiots ...lol

I've been running an ebay QR for some time and haven't seen where any other would perform better.

I never had any trouble with mine... I know some out there were slightly lighter and cooler looking but it does what it should, essentially the same material (aluminum).

Last edited:
me personally I go for design/weight before I consider price. I dont run quad rails though.

A big difference is going to be the finish and customer service. A spec rail is going to be just that, otherwise your usually paying for design/name/weight/etc....

Back
Top Bottom