eBay Quad Rail

me personally I go for design/weight before I consider price. I dont run quad rails though.

A big difference is going to be the finish and customer service. A spec rail is going to be just that, otherwise your usually paying for design/name/weight/etc....

I hear you but, for a $25 QR I don't expect to need any customer service. If its black, anodized and installs its good.

I dont run quad rails though.
x2 on that thought. not at all necessary unless you have a lot of gear to hang on it. my favorite rail is the DDV7 and i prefer standard carbine handguards over a QR if im going sights/red dot only. just feels better in the hand. i own one rifle with a QR, but it came with it.

to the OP thought, there is no real reason to spend $499 on a boutique rail over one with equal function. the cosmetic differences are appealing though and i understand building a gun like that if its what someone wants.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear you but, for a $25 QR I don't expect to need any customer service. If its black, anodized and installs its good.
LOL- and if you need more service send them another $25...who cares at that price point.

thats true it will work. As a range gun it cant be beat, heck who knows it may do well in tougher situations.

Let me as you this though, whats it made of, really made of? Can you tell the difference between say 6061 or 7075 aluminum? I cant but there is a difference. thats just an example. I have seen guys with there ebay wares that look great but break with any real use. We had a guy with a cheapo bi-pod on his rifle, didnt make it out of training let alone deployment before it broke.

Just an example, I dont build ar's to be toys. If I wanted the cheapest ar that I could let friends borrow thats fine. If I build an ar for myself, I want to know atleast how the materials are made.

to the OP thought, there is no real reason to spend $499 on a boutique rail over one with equal function. the cosmetic differences are appealing though and i understand building a gun like that if its what someone wants.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL- and if you need more service send them another $25...who cares at that price point.

Im not saying buying a 400$ quad rail is required, neither is buying a BMW when a chevy aveo will get you to work

Last edited:
Ebay does have some pretty decent stuff, but i also like the most expensive tacticool ninja stuff my entire paycheck can afford.

like a Gremlin and a Lambo.......both get you from A to B, but you will look and feel way cooler in the Gremlin.

I bet the guys from Lahner Academy have some $500 QRs on the pieces they keep in the safe.

They definitely seem the type.

The last cheap quad rail I bought ended up failing after a 2 day class that ran some drills that were tough on the rifle. First it loosened up and was rattling/moving around in my hand, then it bent/cracked. Granted, under average conditions it would have been fine most likely.

Now, I just choose equipment based on potential use and if I can save money using cheaper stuff I will.

The last cheap quad rail I bought ended up failing after a 2 day class that ran some drills that were tough on the rifle. First it loosened up and was rattling/moving around in my hand, then it bent/cracked. Granted, under average conditions it would have been fine most likely.

Now, I just choose equipment based on potential use and if I can save money using cheaper stuff I will.

I believe this is a lot of it. Most people will only ever take it to the range every once in a while. I'd be pissed if my rifle fell apart during a class.

Back
Top Bottom