eBay Quad Rail

Big issue for me with free floats was that the cheap ones had bulky barrel nut assemblies and were heavy. Now noise Troy which have standard barrel nuts, light, slim profile, and I can rails where I want to and not have them where I don't.

I like the gen 2 magpul handguards that you add rails where you want/need them. I now have 2 set up that way and prefer them over any noveske or troy tacticool contraptions.

Im not saying buying a 400$ quad rail is required, neither is buying a BMW when a chevy aveo will get you to work
i knew you werent saying that, and my 2 cents is from a guy with a DDV7 modular float rail and and a Noveske rail on my 2 current rifles. like you said, these guns will take an absolute beating and wont fail and that does matter to me. if im going budget or plain jane im going standard carbine handguards personally but have a few buddies that love their EBAY rails.

Last edited:
I've got a UTG 13 inch free float on one of my ar's and love it! The fit and finish are excellent and it was only $100 bucks compared to other $200 similar rails. I love the look of it and the fact it's made in the USA. But in my opinion....your just buying a name on expensive rails....just my opinion. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371583093.316541.jpg

I've got a UTG 13 inch free float on one of my ar's and love it! The fit and finish are excellent and it was only $100 bucks compared to other $200 similar rails. I love the look of it and the fact it's made in the USA. But in my opinion....your just buying a name on expensive rails....just my opinion.View attachment 202189

Wonder how the weight compares?

I think if you buy expensive forends it needs to have something special about it like the keylock features, or slimmer size, or lighter.

Do you like the integrated barrel nut?

I had a UTG rail that served me just fine, but I have become addicted to troy alpha rails. Light, slim, mounted to a standard barrel nut, and easy to place rails only where you want.

i.imgur.com_hM7zY9X.jpg

Wonder how the weight compares?

I think if you buy expensive forends it needs to have something special about it like the keylock features, or slimmer size, or lighter.

Do you like the integrated barrel nut?

I had a UTG rail that served me just fine, but I have become addicted to troy alpha rails. Light, slim, mounted to a standard barrel nut, and easy to place rails only where you want.

i.imgur.com_hM7zY9X.jpg

I will say that troy makes some good stuff! My brother has 2 troy quad rails and I agree with you, good stuff! Very light!

I've tried a few of the cheap quadrails and currently have one of the higher end rails (DD Omega). To me, the benefits make it worth the extra money. Its much lighter (thanks to more machining which costs $$$), slimmer profile, better fit/finish, and I also like the uninterrupted upper rail. I don't consider myself a brand snob, but I also don't see the point in spending $1000+ on a lightweight carbine and then sticking a cheap heavy rail on it.

Back
Top Bottom