Ebay took my ad down for ar15 rail. Because it violated policy

I had a set of AR furniture pulled by ebay a couple years ago for the same reason.

They said it was because I used the term "AR-15" in the listing.

That was before I discovered ODT. No need for ebay now as far as scary gun stuff goes.

i remember when i built my ar15

i used a buffer tube, buffer, and spring bought off ebay

fell apart pretty quick. all i needed to know about ordering parts from ebay

never, ever, sell anything gun related on that site (or buy), its not meant to handle that much freedom

that's not right but them as much of a bargain shopper that I am I don't use those site for gun parts anyways bc you get all those Chinese knock off's with the same names on them and stuff

I sell on eBay, including gun parts.

AR-15 = .223 Rifle
AK-47 = 7.62x39 Rifle
AR-10 = .308 Rifle

etc

It's an automated system that flags listings. Learned that a few years ago. My "MAK-90 Factory Thumbstock" was flagged within an hour, but my "7.62x39 Rifle Factory Thumbstock" sold without incident.

It's a CA company so they go by CA laws. Still the best way to move parts for the most money if you know how to navigate the system. Just know state laws before sending stuff to certain places.

I listed a scope mount and in my description I listed it was on my M1a. Ebay canceled my listing because I used an "assault rifle" reference. Really? Is there any logic for doing so?

When I worked at Dobbs I listed lots of stuff on eBay and would have these problems. One listing was flagged and cancelled after the item was sold, paid, shipped, and received. EBay refunded our fees with the cancellation of the auction, lol.

I listed a scope mount and in my description I listed it was on my M1a. Ebay canceled my listing because I used an "assault rifle" reference. Really? Is there any logic for doing so?

Yes, because M1A is one of the automatic search terms they use. I had purchased some M1A magazines on clearance from Academy a few months ago and I had to list them as 7.62 magazines (the exact ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Pr...0-Round-Capacity-Parkerized-NIB-/331661672781). I've just learned how to skirt around their filter system over the years, and many buyers have too. You'll notice I made no mention of "M1A" in the listing even though it's clearly visible in the photograph. The filters are just looking at words, not pictures. Same reason you will find gun actions on there sometimes, and a few years ago I even saw an M2 carbine barreled action that ran for a couple of days before it was removed.

I don't know when they added M1A to their list, but they used to go by the 157 named guns in the AWB. There was a list on their website at one point but I can't find it now. They tend to follow CA law but I don't think CA outlaws the M1A by name, so I don't get the issue, but nonetheless just stay on the safe side and list any scary guns by their caliber. Buyers are smart enough to figure it out.

When I worked at Dobbs I listed lots of stuff on eBay and would have these problems. One listing was flagged and cancelled after the item was sold, paid, shipped, and received. EBay refunded our fees with the cancellation of the auction, lol.

eBay is even worse when it comes to Microsoft and Autodesk software. I sold some old Autocad software to an Italian guy a few years ago and my listing was flagged several weeks after the transaction was done. The guy had already left me positive feedback IIRC. So they refunded the auction fees and sent me a letter calling me a naughty boy because Autodesk wants their crappy copyright system respected. Hell, I still have 15-20 copies of Autocad 2002 and newer I can't sell because Autodesk changed their registration system after 2001 and everything gets flagged because they want a monopoly over their software.

I've had the "listing removed after the fact" happen probably half a dozen times in the years I've been selling on eBay. Had one removed the day after the guy bought it and I hadn't shipped it yet. The way their system is setup, I could have just pocketed his cash and not a damn thing he could have done about it. Of course I wouldn't do that, but it's not really the level of protection eBay promises to their buyers. One of the many flaws with their system that they've yet to correct.

Back
Top Bottom