• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

educate me on RIA 1911's

Great guns for the money. Never an issue with mine. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in soon. Fit is good, finish is horrible.. If you want a show piece then think about getting it refinished or spending some more on a springer or para etc.. other than that great shooters.

love mine its a great 1911 to have if you want to go threw the woods and not have to worry about it getting messed up. definitely needs to be broken in with a couple 100rds i had a couple FTF with mine but once broken in i have had no problems

They are Series 70 type 1911s, so they have no drop safety(AKA Firing Pin Safety). My firing pin spring failed at around 400 - 500 rounds, so I replaced it with a extra power Wolff spring. The finish on mine was so so. I hated the sights so I replaced mine with a set from 10-8 Performance. I also replaced the POS FLGR with a GI setup and plug. It was extremely accurate. It was a great gun for the money, and I wished I had never sold it.

i265.photobucket.com_albums_ii218_tmoore912_RIA_20Government_201911_2011_01_24_16_51_56_905.jpg

They are Series 70 type 1911s, so they have no drop safety(AKA Firing Pin Safety). My firing pin spring failed at around 400 - 500 rounds, so I replaced it with a extra power Wolff spring. The finish on mine was so so. I hated the sights so I replaced mine with a set from 10-8 Performance. I also replaced the POS FLGR with a GI setup and plug. It was extremely accurate. It was a great gun for the money, and I wished I had never sold it.

i265.photobucket.com_albums_ii218_tmoore912_RIA_20Government_201911_2011_01_24_16_51_56_905.jpg

thats one sweet looking RIA. I love those grips as well. Stainless skeleton hammer and stainless skeleton trigger and boom goes the dynamite.

thats one sweet looking RIA. I love those grips as well. Stainless skeleton hammer and stainless skeleton trigger and boom goes the dynamite.
Thanks. The grips were a group buy from Alumagrips for GCO. They were slim grips. You and I have different taste on 1911s though. I absolutely hate skeleton triggers.

RIA compact .45 is my EDC. Got it for $399 at an Eastman gun show last year.

From what I understand they have a lifetime - to the gun - warranty.

They are all over-priced on the ODT...

:behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom