• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

educate me on RIA 1911's

I had one, great shooter and a very good piece for the money. Did not have a tactical one, just the base model. Fit was OK, finish...well...it just sucked, but hey, so what. One bit of caution, if you buy one, and redo the internals, add sights, re-finish the piece and do a lot of other work on it. You have to remember, it is still a RIA. It will sell for what other RIAs sell. It is a great platform, but if you want to do a lot of work on it, buy another piece that has what you want already. My base model was a very good piece.

I've got a compact tactical and it's a great gun! Very good fit and a pretty good finish. For the price, they can't be beat! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361231407.282417.jpg

Armscor is the parent company. Made in the philippines. They have many models. Their tactical has a LOT of desired parts in it. They have a doublestack 22TCM that comes with a 9mm barrel too. Even their bottom of the line guns are decent guns.

i would pay anywhere between $300- $400 for a ria 1911.
i did have the gi model in factory od green, it had issues feeding hollow points but other then that it was a great little gun for the price. but they also sell some "high end" models too which get more pricey

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom