Eggs

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
We had some friends over for dinner last night. They brought some eggs from their "free-range chickens" for us. They ranged in size from small to jumbo and the shells were anything but white. Well, tonight we decided to have brinner. We scrambled 10 of those suckers. The first thing we noticed was the color. They were ridiculously yellow. It looks like someone took a picture of scrambled eggs and over-saturated the color. The second thing was the flavor. Rich and very flavorful. I have to admit, I had no idea there would be that much of a difference. Now I'm hooked. I either got to start buying local or get some chickens.

I'm willing to bet their Legos would be brighter as well.

My great aunt and uncle have layers. Double yolk brown eggs make the best omelet ever!

Anyone in Cartersville who love good eggs hit up Burgers market just north of Grassdale Rd. They've got brown free range.

I have a fellow ODT'r who lives less than a mile away that hooks me up with eggs from his chickens. Most of the time he pulls them out from under the bird to fill my egg carton. Fresh is an understatement - the yoke is a deep yellow and the flavor is amazing.

Man the free range eggs are great. We have tons of them, the chickens range with the cows during the day and roost in the coop at night. I haven't had a store bought egg in months!

If anyone wants any soot me a PM.

My wife and I wish we could have chickens but we can't. I have never had fresh eggs like that. I need to try some one day

Oh Yeah! We had some backyard hens in the big city. Those are REAL eggs. Get some chickens. Put 'em in your garden...free fertilizer and bug control. They're very interesting to watch. Scratch the ground, step back, look sideways, peck a bug. Pick up a shovel and they'll be on top of you feet waiting to grab worms from the overturned earth. Get a nieghbor to care for them when you're away in exchange for eggs. Visiting grandkids couldn't wait to go see the chickens and delighted in collecting eggs. After a fishing trip, dump you leftover crickets in there and see a real feeding frenzy. You can even save the manure, extract the nitrates and make your own you know what!

Back
Top Bottom