• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric smokers?

You know what real men call an electric smoker?

AN OVEN!!!

Seriously - I use a small thing made by frigging Crock pot and called the BBQ PIT Deluxe. I cook Boston butts and whole chickens - no smoke but comes out great with a good rub.
Outside is the drum smoker for the real feasting.

One of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest way to eat fish is with an electric smoker. Only takes a handful of chips and about one hour preheat and on hour cook time. Ain't nothing like fresh bluegill out the smoker.

Its a cast iron stand that raises it about 4 inches off the wood. I have been meaning to buy small concrete 20x20 inch from home depot outdoor area, but havent gotten around to it. You can see very slight heat marks on the wood but nothing terrible. its called a pit barrel cooker. Google it. They have a website. It can cook a couple big roasts at a time, several chickens, a turkey, 8 racks of ribs... It's awesome and not crazy expensive.

One of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest way to eat fish is with an electric smoker. Only takes a handful of chips and about one hour preheat and on hour cook time. Ain't nothing like fresh bluegill out the smoker.

I've had Grouper and King Mackerel but never thought of trying freshwater fish. I bet catfish would be good smoked.

I have an electric smoker as well, my only complaint is that there was not enough smoke. When smoking at 220-225 the chips do not get hot enough to put off a good smoke, so what I do is hit chips with a torch every now and then to get them going.

I have an electric smoker as well, my only complaint is that there was not enough smoke. When smoking at 220-225 the chips do not get hot enough to put off a good smoke, so what I do is hit chips with a torch every now and then to get them going.
I'm seeing that right now. Sort of anemic. :( But it does smell good! We'll see...

I'm big into smoking and BBQing and just making man type meals in general. My main smoker is a Party Gator by Gator Pit with the Full-length drop-down front shelf, Gator Pit's adjustable birdhouse smokestack with stainless steel cool-touch handle, Gas assist firebox. Includes regulator hose, removable tank holder, side 1/2" brass control valve that utilized Propane, 2" Brass ball valve grease drain, commercial-grade. 1/4-turn large rubber handle and ash rake for the inside. I can smoke enough meat to feed my entire church at once but since it's a stick burner it requires constant attention. I've been playing with the idea of getting a small ceramic smoker for just the family or a small electric. As long as it's not your main smoker, you're fine. :D

Back
Top Bottom