• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

EmDrive May Generate Warp-Like Field, NASA Engineers Discover

Haven't read that theory, but from what I understand, it's been long understood that photons have both particle and wave properties hence the corona effect during a solar eclipse. The belief that the speed of light is a constant could still be preserved, even in the presence of a super-gravitational singularity (black hole) if you accept that the fabric of space time is what is being stretched or compressed. Thus, while the speed of light seems to change relative to the observer, the light is traveling the same speed, simply over a greater distance or smaller distance. It's not that gravity changes the speed of light, but that the rulers get shorter or longer or the clocks run slower or faster due to gravitational influence.... Don't know if this will stand up to Occam's Razor in the long term. Definitely in for more info if you can point me to anything you found interesting on the subject.

I could...but then you or someone else would find some flaw in the theory or science and say it hasn't been proven and blah blah. It doesn't much matter in the end.

I just saw a few articles from Europe about it a little while ago.

I could...but then you or someone else would find some flaw in the theory or science and say it hasn't been proven and blah blah. It doesn't much matter in the end.

I just saw a few articles from Europe about it a little while ago.
Not looking to poke holes, I am genuinely interested in the subject and hoped you could point me in the right direction.

Not looking to poke holes, I am genuinely interested in the subject and hoped you could point me in the right direction.

Good...you can never tell when someone is just itching to start a pointless internet fight....been too much of that lately

Good...you can never tell when someone is just itching to start a pointless internet fight....been too much of that lately
That's why I wanted to clarify. If I thought I had a monopoly on relativistic or quantum physics, or even the ability to conceptualize n-dimensional space, I'm sure I'd have better things to do than argue with others about it in a gun forum. Like trying to convince girls that my NASA badge meant I was an astronaut and parlaying that into a chance to see them naked.... Probably for the first time. I just dabble and like to read up on it. Know what you mean about the pointless arguments though. It still boggles the mind that people who know EVERYTHING can still find topics of disagreement.
Edit: not sure what's going on with randomly switching in and out of bold font, CLEARLY don't work for NASA

Back
Top Bottom