• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

% emissions.

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
My sons 2002 ford ranger won't pass emissions. Check engine light is on but when l did the test no codes came up. A while back it came on and it was running lean in bank one. It's a 4 banger so... so far I've replaced the up stream 02 sensor air filter and fuel filter. I'm open to suggestions. It idles a little little rough but it has 220000 miles on it

The "emissions dude" in Austell will pass ya if you slide him an extra 20.

How about the spark plugs? Doesn't the 2.3L I4 have two per cylinder? I would pull those and make sure they are all clean and in good shape. Maybe use a scanner to "clear codes" anyway or leave the battery disconnected for a while to see if you can get the PCM to forget the code.

My sons 2002 ford ranger won't pass emissions. Check engine light is on but when l did the test no codes came up. A while back it came on and it was running lean in bank one. It's a 4 banger so... so far I've replaced the up stream 02 sensor air filter and fuel filter. I'm open to suggestions. It idles a little little rough but it has 220000 miles on it

Have you changed the oil recently?

At that age, all rubber lines are suspect. A vac leak will cause a lean condition, as will several other issues.

If you have a CEL, you can pull the code with the proper equipment. This is where I would start.

Back
Top Bottom