• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Endurance Running

marnedrake

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
Wanted to start a thread for those into running. Wether it be mudruns, obstacle courses, triathalons, 5ks, 10ks, half and whole marathons. Feel free to post upcoming races, post race pics, and brag on your run times.

Plain old jogging is about all my tanker's knees allow me anymore. Used to love to run, cross-country, marathon distances (but never competitively, I've never been fast) , then got fat, got skinny again but... old age.

Ran XC and long-distance track for a while in high school and loved it. I was never the fastest (partly because I have more of a 'baseball player' build than marathon runner build), but it's great exercise and makes you feel alive when you really push it to your limit. I ran a hilly 5K race several years ago in college with zero training beforehand and as a result really messed up my knee - the doctor said it was 'too much too soon'.

I subsequently gained a fair amount of weight since I still can't run without pain and I hate walking on the treadmill (plus, I got married and my wife is a good cook). My solution is I just recently joined an aquatic center to swim off the weight and eat healthy. My goal is to shed enough weight to get within 10 pounds or so of my cross-country weight, so that I can be running regularly before the end of the year - with the help of physical therapy as needed.

From my one year of track and XC in high school, my best times were 5 min. 20 seconds on the mile, and right at 18 minutes on the 5K. My goal is to get back into running short races and run a marathon in a year or so!

Sorry for going off topic but this sounds like a good thread. Hopefully I can comment later on when I've reached my goals :cool:

Love running but I'm not built for it with flat feet and bad knees. I can do 5k on the treadmill but my time is disrespectful. Any pointers, tips for guys with flat feet?

Love running but I'm not built for it with flat feet and bad knees. I can do 5k on the treadmill but my time is disrespectful. Any pointers, tips for guys with flat feet?
Better shoes. Mine are fairly flat, no issues. Though now I'm starting to have a hip issue. I was certain that was for old people..... hmmm......

Back
Top Bottom