• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Endurance Running

Better shoes. Mine are fairly flat, no issues. Though now I'm starting to have a hip issue. I was certain that was for old people..... hmmm......

You know I've been to Big Peach Running and did the whole analysis thing and brought some shoes but didn't like them. The shoes I do the most running in are NB trail shoes and they are falling apart. I know the Marines issue NB or they did and I think I need to try some new New Balance shoes.

I also have a torn ACL and meniscus in my left knee and patellar tendonitis in my right knee. :(

You know I've been to Big Peach Running and did the whole analysis thing and brought some shoes but didn't like them. The shoes I do the most running in are NB trail shoes and they are falling apart. I know the Marines issue NB or they did and I think I need to try some new New Balance shoes.

I also have a torn ACL and meniscus in my left knee and patellar tendonitis in my right knee. :(
NB and Saucony worked well for me. Nikes are way to narrow. Etonic (of all things) used to make some higher end shoes (like the VO2) that were great for me but apparently got out of the higher end market years ago and last I saw were making REALLY cheap (in price and quality) shoes.
I wouldn't be running with a torn ACL....

You know I've been to Big Peach Running and did the whole analysis thing and brought some shoes but didn't like them.

Any shoes that change the biomechanics or the style of your running take a while to get used to. Even some pain. How much time did you give them?

I have pretty jacked up feet and knees. I have pretty good pronation and a busted up metatarsal that is a big fuzed lump of bone and both of my PCLs are junk. When slack I slide my knee joint around a half inch. But with therapy and strength exercises I manage (even if I run like a girl lol). still love it, its hard to give up, esp. when you have impediments saying you can't.

Tried doing the zero drop, flat foot thing, but was to radical and my lame foot does not like flexing, so I went back to "running sofas" instead. Stumbled upon Asics' Keyanos and like them alot. Designed with pronation correction and lots of padding without being marshmellowy. Very good shoes.

I struggle with the fat foot and weigh 245, so shoes are not the easiest to come by. Asics are the best I have yet to try. Brooks are a little pricer but also great shoes.

Better shoes. Mine are fairly flat, no issues. Though now I'm starting to have a hip issue. I was certain that was for old people..... hmmm......
Failing on Concrete from 13ft and becoming a fatazz got my hips, feet, and I'm sure didn't help my back.

Swimming sounds good right now: It was +18C today here....

Failing on Concrete from 13ft and becoming a fatazz got my hips, feet, and I'm sure didn't help my back.

Swimming sounds good right now: It was +18C today here....
I can't swim for squat. Always wanted to do a 'team' triathlon. Now I don't feel like I'd be pulling my weight running.... :blue:

I can't swim for squat. Always wanted to do a 'team' triathlon. Now I don't feel like I'd be pulling my weight running.... :blue:
The Pool is good for you; stay on the shallow end, seriously.

As far as the other, at least you can still run. I'm sure there are others here that can't.

You Know, even on a bad day, we still got it pretty Good

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431108168.416817.jpg

I used to run often. 5k or greater every weekend almost. Don't really do it anymore (VERY rarely will get a wild hair and go run a 5k cold). Always wanted to do one of the mud/obstacle whatever runs.
In for pics!
Muddy Buddy (a must do if only for the shower station at the end of the race LOL) multiple times and Ragnar a few weeks ago, and all of the Xterra runs are a blast.. Most of these are on the trails so a bit easier on my aging body. I still do the pavement thing but have really come to enjoy the trail series races..

The Pool is good for you; stay on the shallow end, seriously.
As far as the other, at least you can still run. I'm sure there are others here that can't.
You Know, even on a bad day, we still got it pretty Good
View attachment 436394
Believe me I know. I'm surprised at my age and lack of regular strenuous activity what I can still go do cold with zero prep. Of course recovery takes longer but VERY thankful I don't have any 'real' issues (well, physical ones anyway. Figured I'd beat others to the punch. :p )
As far as the most interesting man in the world's comment.... :pound: TRUTH!

Back
Top Bottom