• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Endurance Running

I've run for 40 yrs, but I'm not as fast (or fit) as I once was.
My daughter and I are running the Peachtree together.
We are quite similar, and each wants to run the other into the ground.
But she's a college athlete, so if I'm betting, it'd be on her.

Good thing the 5th mile of the Peachtree course goes in front of Piedmont Hosp. I may be detouring thru there for a cardiac cath :(

Love running but I'm not built for it with flat feet and bad knees. I can do 5k on the treadmill but my time is disrespectful. Any pointers, tips for guys with flat feet?
Go to Big Peach Running (Ridenhour (sp) off of Barrett) and get a foot/running analysis. Great folks and in the know on the latest and greatest shoes.. You will spend some decent money on a good pair of shoes but it is worth every dime..

Last edited:
I've run for 40 yrs, but I'm not as fast (or fit) as I once was.
My daughter and I are running the Peachtree together.
We are quite similar, and each wants to run the other into the ground.
But she's a college athlete, so if I'm betting, it'd be on her.

Good thing the 5th mile of the Peachtree course goes in front of Piedmont Hosp. I may be detouring thru there for a cardiac cath :(
I watched a guy drop dead right there running the race several years ago. No I'm not kidding. :( That's a look on a man's face I'll never forget...

OK, well someone post up the next 'easy' one and let's have a GTG of way out of shape weekend warriror wannabes and we can compare injuries at the end.

Ok I will bring the big Polaris Ranger, Staple gun and neck chain..Either you will get in shape orrrrr welcome to road rash...I will pay for the gas...

Go to Big Peach Running (Ridenhour (sp) off of Barrett) and get a foot/running analysis. Great folks and in the know on the latest and greatest shoes.. You will spend some decent money on a good pair of shoes but it is worth every dime..

I went there and didn't like the shoes they recommended.

I've done the warrior dash a few times. We are usually so slow that we have a pretty good finish time because we finish with a different group than we started with. As in everyone beats us and we're in the next race. It's pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom