• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Endurance Running

Ran the Army 10 Miler this weekend. Had a time of 1:48:27

Attachments

• 10Mila.jpg
    10Mila.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 24
What do you guys recommend for someone just starting to run? I can swim all day but running... not so much. I wanna get up to around 40 miles a week.
It is easiest to have someone to run with/ motivate you. I am with a Veteran (and veteran supporters) run group called Team RWB (Red White and Blue). They do more than running, like volunteering and getting Veteran awareness out there, but they helped get me into endurance running and are great motivational supporters. Also start small. You have to build yourself up.
To all Vets look up Team RWB, if you've done any large race, I am sure you have seen the eagles out there.

What do you guys recommend for someone just starting to run? I can swim all day but running... not so much. I wanna get up to around 40 miles a week.
How much can your run right now?
Pick an upcoming 5k https://www.atlantatrackclub.org/calendar Preferably one with a decent participation. Then stay for the awards. If people 20 years older than you waxing you doesn't motivate you then nothing will. ;)

Yale, I started the Ranger Running Association for the very purpose of helping others re-learn how to run. My favorite training method is the Hanson method. It worked for me several times when other methods would burn me out .

How much can your run right now?
Pick an upcoming 5k https://www.atlantatrackclub.org/calendar Preferably one with a decent participation. Then stay for the awards. If people 20 years older than you waxing you doesn't motivate you then nothing will. ;)

I can run a mile flat out in about 7:30 but beyond that not so good. I've always been a swimmer growing up

Back
Top Bottom