• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

have had to draw it 3 times in the last year. 2 of the times it was an attempted car jacking. 1 time it was at a gas station and some dude was soliciting money from the patrons. some lady didn't want to give him any so he got aggressive and started pushing the woman. i went over there and told him to take his stuff elsewhere w/my hand on my hip. the guy saw my pistol hanging out and decided it was better to leave walking than in a stretcher

Not too long ago I had a meet with another member at a gas local station. We stood outside our cars for quite a while carrying on a lengthy conversation, and then it started to lightly rain. We both got into our cars and pulled drivers door to drivers door next to each other as our conversation continued. Shortly thereafter, a vehicle pulled up next to one of the end gas pumps. The passenger gets out and starts walking our direction, while the driver stayed in the vehicle with it running. The appearance of this individual made me uneasy as he approached with his baggy pants, beanie hat, and his right hand in his pocket of his over-sized jacket. I unholstered my weapon and I alerted my fellow ODT'er of the approaching individual and stated that I had us covered. I then kept my foot on the brake as I put the car in drive to prepare to make a move if I needed to. He came up to us saying how nice our cars were, and proceeded to ask if we has any spare change along with a story why he needed it. My G23 in hand but out of his sight, prepared for any hostile intent to introduce itself, and I told him that I just put my last $10 in gas moments before he approached. He then returned to the vehicle he was riding in and they left. I jotted down the tag number just in case, but thankfully, nothing evolved.

LOL... It is likely in this day and age your day that you may have to draw will come.... Although we all pray that it never happens...

Ive upholstered enough in my lifetime. I am content with the fact that since leaving law enforcement I have yet felt it necessary to unholster my firearm. It is comforting to know that should it ever be needed again I won't say to myself "I wish I had my gun".

The mindset though really is the same. Carry yourself in a way that your presence detours maggots from messing with you. Situational awareness, and walk as if you are in control.

have had to draw it 3 times in the last year. 2 of the times it was an attempted car jacking. 1 time it was at a gas station and some dude was soliciting money from the patrons. some lady didn't want to give him any so he got aggressive and started pushing the woman. i went over there and told him to take his stuff elsewhere w/my hand on my hip. the guy saw my pistol hanging out and decided it was better to leave walking than in a stretcher

For some reason. I predict you will go to jail eventually.

Back
Top Bottom