• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ever had to draw your CCW or been tempted to???

I almost drew when a young man with no shirt and bloody nose bust into my small office building. He was panicking and looked high. I started to pull and tell him to get on the floor. He pled with me to let him use the phone and I did. He called 911 to tell them he had head butted his girlfriend. He practically had to beg them to send an ambulance which I thought was odd. I did keep a grip on the 9mm in my pocket the whole time.

It's called a HEADbutt. Lead with your forehead, not your face.

I have been close. I saw the outline and butt of another guys gun that he was jiggling up and down in his waistband and taunting another guy while arguing at the metal scrap yard. He started to pull it and I just stepped back and watched the situation diffuse itself before the tip of his barrel ever cleared his waistband.
My hand had a firm grip on my weapon and was ready for what thankfully never happened.

around 3pm at a gas station in Lousiana off the highway. I got in my truck, it's kinda dark in the lot..a guy gets out of his vehical and approaches my vehical, driver was still in his vehical. He gets to about 5 feet from my driver side door, I pulled the HK and kept it in my hand on the center console of my truck. The guy sees my right extended out to my right..he asks me for some money with one of those stories of about something or another. I told him I had no cash, hand still on weapon. He turned and walked back to his vehical and they left.

second time, in houston with my 12 yr old daughter. walking to restaraunt from hotel, I see a guy walking in the other direction on the other side of the road. I think nothing of it. when leaving the restaraunt to walk back to the hotel, same guy is now on my side of the street. I carry in small of back..reached around and put my hand on the grip. Moved my daughter to the outside, so he would be nearest me when passing us. Nothing happened, never told my daughter, no issues..

I was in the parking lot of a store on Martin Luther King Drive when I heard some woman screaming and then some gunshots. It was about 30 ft behind me so I didn't see what exactly happened. Looked out to see if anyone was lying on the ground shot, nope... looked to see if there was any obvious suspect... nope. Just people running away. One guy ran towards my car, looked in for a second, then ran off. I think it was either some old lady trying to shoot a car thief or a car thief trying to shoot the victim. I only had my Ruger LCP with me. The gunshots sounded like a 22lr, but right then and there I felt very outgunned with my LCP.

Failed car jacking off Jimmy Carter and 85.

Coming back from a haunted house (Name escapes me now) .

I was with my 2 femalr cousins (16,13), 2 of there friends and one of my friends. We were stopped at a red light. I see this AA male, white shirt, blue jeans crossing the street ... next thing I know he is at my door tugging it. ( Windows Heavily tented 4 door Dodge Ram ) I drew my 1911 and flipped the interiors lights on.. he ran the other way......

Yep. It was a simple situation. Many years ago I had picked my wife up from a late shift and as I put the key in our front door a man dove through the ground level front window of our apartment. He was coming OUT of our place and hit the ground about five feet away from us. He was looking down a barrel by the time he got to his feet and turned and ran away.

It turns out several apartments had been burglarized that night. They caught the guy because he was a complete idiot. I was able to tell them the school colors and NUMBER that was on the uniform jersey he was wearing. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom