• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything stolen

8de484bcbcb8f2127d235b1c4815650987d900b7

No disrespect intended brother. There were several places that I really enjoyed, but there were several shooting really close to us and we were not in a good part of town. I do plan on going back for the balloon weekend as soon as I'm able. I don't think I could live there though.

Oh no disrespect inferred. There are parts of Albuquerque that are pretty rough but there is nowhere in New Mexico that can hold a candle to parts of Atlanta when it comes to crime.

Mainly I miss the wide open spaces of New Mexico. The ability to drive for 30 minutes and truly be in the middle of nowhere with no signs of civilization as far as the eye can see (which is a long dang way.)

That and the food. Have I mentioned the food?

Oh no disrespect inferred. There are parts of Albuquerque that are pretty rough but there is nowhere in New Mexico that can hold a candle to parts of Atlanta when it comes to crime.

Mainly I miss the wide open spaces of New Mexico. The ability to drive for 30 minutes and truly be in the middle of nowhere with no signs of civilization as far as the eye can see (which is a long dang way.)

That and the food. Have I mentioned the food?

Now you got me wanting to take a road trip. I found a great lil place in Santa fe when I was there last time.

Sj has it right. Because of the frequent nature of these threads i'm trying to learn if there is a common theme relating to the break ins.

I cant imagine how frustrated you are at the situation you are facing.

Not sure why it added Wolf six Wolf six quotes... Doing this from my phone. I understood his question.

Looking back, I would have handled things differently.
1) I was at a spot further away from the restaurant, and I moved closer when one opened up.
2) I'm sure if someone was watching that, they took notice.
3) I stayed in the truck and made sure everything was out of sight. Had two suits hanging in both back windows, thinking that would block the view.
4) I had originally planned to get it to go and take it to the hotel. I changed my mind at the last minute.

Lot's of things that I think now certainly played a part. My biggest mistake was not being able to see my truck as it has been so graciously mentioned several times in this thread. When I get another truck, I will put the extra money in it and have a safe installed. I replaced my mac today, I'll take it in with me when I travel from now on.

Back
Top Bottom