• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Evictions in Atlanta

Butshot

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
Saw a segment on Fox 5 this morning about how home evictions are rising in Georgia, especially Atlanta Metro area. They said it is because more and more homes are owned by landlords who don't live in Georgia! This is total BS! No body evicts people who pay the rent on time and keep the property up! As a former landlord I know this to be a fact. They make it sound like these evicted tenants had landlords who wouldn't "work With Them". More BS! Having been to Magistrate Court in two different counties I know what judges say " If you didn't pay the rent then you have seven days to vacate!" Glad I sold all my rentals last year, was a Landlord for 30 years, and it used to be you could get good tenants who would stay for years and take pride in the place they lived in. Now it seems like they are typical Democrats, want something for nothing and blame their problems on others. Rant Over!

Saw a segment on Fox 5 this morning about how home evictions are rising in Georgia, especially Atlanta Metro area. They said it is because more and more homes are owned by landlords who don't live in Georgia! This is total BS! No body evicts people who pay the rent on time and keep the property up! As a former landlord I know this to be a fact. They make it sound like these evicted tenants had landlords who wouldn't "work With Them". More BS! Having been to Magistrate Court in two different counties I know what judges say " If you didn't pay the rent then you have seven days to vacate!" Glad I sold all my rentals last year, was a Landlord for 30 years, and it used to be you could get good tenants who would stay for years and take pride in the place they lived in. Now it seems like they are typical Democrats, want something for nothing and blame their problems on others. Rant Over!
Agreed 100%, I'm glad I got rid of my last one in 2009. Buncha damn deadbeats!

Everyone thinks it's so easy to be a landlord, just rent it out and the money comes rolling in. Not so, it is one of the most difficult "home based" businesses you can get involved in, it's hard earned money. My dad tried it for a while, and hated it. My brother is working for a place that owns several hundred rentals in the Atlanta area, you should hear the stories. He has his own rental in FL, and has already been sued by one of his bottom feeding dwellers. Turned out the guy has a history of playing the law suit lottery, and the insurance company settled with him. The nice thing was, he owed my bro a whole bunch of back rent, and he was able to attach a lien to the settlement and got his cash.

There was a 3 or 4 month lull/moratorium in evictions due to a last minute EO 0bama made to slow them down. The lawyers made a few changes, and it is back to business as usual, tossing out the deadbeats.

This from a friend that works closely with banks doing foreclosures and evictions.

Democrats buying what they can't afford, in a market designed to hook them and reel them in. I think we'll see a LOT more evictions if Trump starts whittling away at the gamers in the welfare system....

Back
Top Bottom