• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

EVs are NOT America's future!

Building a tank for pressurized hydrogen isn't that difficult. But that aside, the infrastructure for storing and distributing hydrogen is even more primitive and undeveloped than for EVs. Building it out will be even more costly.

Also, building a vehicle that is robust enough to stay intact after your hydrogen powered car gets rear-ended or shot up on the I-285 and overcoming basic chemistry is another.

Building a tank for pressurized hydrogen isn't that difficult. But that aside, the infrastructure for storing and distributing hydrogen is even more primitive and undeveloped than for EVs. Building it out will be even more costly.

Also, building a vehicle that is robust enough to stay intact after your hydrogen powered car gets rear-ended or shot up on the I-285 and overcoming basic chemistry is another.
Yet he did it already.

I'll probably get blasted, but I don't mind EVs and think the technology is pretty cool. I'd own a Tesla if I could afford one. Having said that, I just don't think the infrastructure is ready for it yet. I know there are charging stations everywhere, but I use my truck like a truck. And from what I've seen these EV trucks don't go far at all with any load. I can drive from my house to Orlando in my gasser and still have a quarter of a tank left. Wont get close to that distance in an EV without stopping to charge. Then we saw what the frigid temps did to all those EVs, stranded them. Plus states like CA can't even handle the current infrastructure with their power grid, no way they'd make it will a full EV mandate.
I hear exactly what you're saying. My FIL purchased one and it's almost a freaking day trip from Ocala, FL to Henry County. Something that was a 5-hour trip, is now a potential 10+ hour logistical nightmare to find charging stations in Valdosta and Macon. What messes it up is the wait time to get a station if the stations(s) are occupied, then your time to charge your vehicle, which his takes forever.... "Technically" it should reach Tifton and then home, however, it's not worth the risk to run out of juice.

Ah, yes, hydrogen….

IMG_2993.jpeg

Nature’s cleanest burning fuel.

Check out the battery replacement costs. Or the $10,000 brakes on the new Tesla truck (installed).
Yeah that's why I can't afford one anytime soon. The cost of one alone is enough to deter me. Nevermind the maintenance. I like my easy to work on pushrod V8.

Yeah that's why I can't afford one anytime soon. The cost of one alone is enough to deter me. Nevermind the maintenance. I like my easy to work on pushrod V8.
The majority of Americans feel the same I believe? I just mentioned hydrogen but I’ll drive my old oil leaking Fords and Harleys the rest of my life. When the time comes it’ll come no matter what we’re driving.

I hear exactly what you're saying. My FIL purchased one and it's almost a freaking day trip from Ocala, FL to Henry County. Something that was a 5-hour trip, is now a potential 10+ hour logistical nightmare to find charging stations in Valdosta and Macon. What messes it up is the wait time to get a station if the stations(s) are occupied, then your time to charge your vehicle, which his takes forever.... "Technically" it should reach Tifton and then home, however, it's not worth the risk to run out of juice.
They have some chargers in Cordele also if range allows

Back
Top Bottom