• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

And, it’s $3.50/gallon here today.
When I pay (rarely need to, maybe once a qtr.) at a supercharger, my electric hog EV gets 50 mpg ($14 for 200 miles) at home we did not notice any type of spike in our electric bills (2 EV's) so maybe 200 mpg. EPA rating is around 130 mpg, but a level 2 charger at home in a warm dry garage delivers electricity more economically than a 110 power cord adapter. Plus I get free charging at work 4 hours a day, 5 days a week so maybe 2,000 mpg? :rofl:
I will be daily driving a Tesla hopefully until the day I die... (preferably NOT in a car fire) 🙃
20240320_135649.jpg

Many people are not resistant to change
Many people do not like having change forced down their throat!!

As a real estate appraiser, I am a perfect candidate for an EV....I would like an SUV type, 4doors, hatchback, sitting high enough off the ground that a 60-70 year old person can get in and out...I keep my cars a long time, therefore I like to know and understand the cost of maintenance...I'd like to know how much it will cost me to replace a motor, replace brakes, replace batteries, AND how long(miles) those items should be expected to last....We do not make a lot of money, therefore the vehicle need to be reasonably priced. Also I do not want to be in something that will be flattened in an accident with another car....so for all you EV'ers out there help a fellow out.... MAKE AND MODEL please

As a real estate appraiser, I am a perfect candidate for an EV....I would like an SUV type, 4doors, hatchback, sitting high enough off the ground that a 60-70 year old person can get in and out...I keep my cars a long time, therefore I like to know and understand the cost of maintenance...I'd like to know how much it will cost me to replace a motor, replace brakes, replace batteries, AND how long(miles) those items should be expected to last....We do not make a lot of money, therefore the vehicle need to be reasonably priced. Also I do not want to be in something that will be flattened in an accident with another car....so for all you EV'ers out there help a fellow out.... MAKE AND MODEL please
I can weigh in...Im thinking maybe starting a new thread rather than to hijack this one. thoughts?

NewLeaf NewLeaf ...Read your own article and dont click bait...

E J Antoni is a fraud. If you just followed the reference in his writing...you get to this:

New data obtained by CR from ALG, a data and analytics subsidiary of automotive pricing and
information website TrueCar, shows that when adjusted for federal purchase incentives, both
battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) are expected to
depreciate at the same rate as ICE vehicles in the same class over the first five years of
ownership. In addition, new data extracted from recent Consumer Reports reliability surveys
shows that both BEV and PHEV drivers are saving 50 percent on their repair and maintenance
costs, when averaged over a typical vehicle lifetime.

Based on average driving habits, fuel costs for BEVs were estimated assuming mostly home
charging and an estimated six fast-charging sessions required per year for BEVs with a range of
250 miles. Overall, BEVs were estimated to save consumers about 60 percent on fuel costs
compared with the average vehicle in their class.
Fuel costs were also analyzed by state, with
the majority of states falling within 10 percent of the national average.

The nine most popular EVs on the market under $50,000 were compared to (1) the best-selling,
(2) the top-rated, and (3) the most efficient vehicles in their class. For six of the nine EVs
analyzed, the first-owner ownership costs are estimated to be lower than those of all three
comparable ICE vehicles in their class.
For all nine EVs analyzed, the first-owner ownership
costs are estimated to be lower for at least one of the three comparable ICE vehicles. In many
cases, the EVs matched or exceeded the performance of some of the top-performing ICE
vehicles in their class. For all EVs analyzed, the lifetime ownership costs were many thousands
of dollars lower than all comparable ICE vehicles’ costs, with most EVs offering savings of
between $6,000 and $10,000.
While new EVs were found to offer significant cost savings over
comparable ICE vehicles, the cost savings of 5- to 7-year-old used EVs was found to be two or
three times larger on a percentage savings basis.

Overall, these results show that the latest generation of mainstream EVs typically cost less to
own than similar gas-powered vehicles, a new development in the automotive marketplace with
serious potential consumer benefits.
Yea, I didn’t read it , but I did some math on my wife’s 2009 Toyota Venza we bought in 2015 with 50k miles on it. It’s been paid off almost 10yrs (almost 9 years, oops) and I’m leaning gas or hybrid Toyota.

Go fund me.........On an internet near you.......

Back
Top Bottom