• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

When the SHTF and the .gov shuts your car off remotely it won't matter. I'd rather have 1000 miles worth of fuel stored and another 500 in the vehicles. The push for more EVs by the .gov isn't to enhance citizen independence.

There's nothing unique about EV's that the government can "shut off" that they can't do the same on any modern car.

So you saved some gas and got 1500 miles you can drive then your car is a just scrap metal. Meanwhile, the EV owner with a solid solar set-up can power indefinitely. If they have a generator they can then convert any fuel they find into power for the car. If they live near a creek or river they can make a hydro generator to fuel the car.

I don't agree with any of the government meddling in the market, but if you're worried about being independent on a personal level, an electric powered vehicle would definitely hold the best advantage, it can be powered so many different ways. You gas engine only runs on gas, and that is an extremely fragile system that would run dry within days of any major event. We see it happen every hurricane.

Sure, after several hours of driving you'll have to stop and recharge. Oh no, the horror, you have to recharge a little longer than it takes to pump gas. How can anyone possibly survive that.
Time is money…
Every second wasted getting to your destination is just that…. wasted.

Time is money…
Every second wasted getting to your destination is just that…. wasted.
Exactly. So the EV drivers who never have to stop for fuel all week long, for months even until they go on the occasional road trip are saving a ton of time. Good point, and another win for EV drivers.

There's nothing unique about EV's that the government can "shut off" that they can't do the same on any modern car.

So you saved some gas and got 1500 miles you can drive then your car is a just scrap metal. Meanwhile, the EV owner with a solid solar set-up can power indefinitely. If they have a generator they can then convert any fuel they find into power for the car. If they live near a creek or river they can make a hydro generator to fuel the car.

I don't agree with any of the government meddling in the market, but if you're worried about being independent on a personal level, an electric powered vehicle would definitely hold the best advantage, it can be powered so many different ways. You gas engine only runs on gas, and that is an extremely fragile system that would run dry within days of any major event. We see it happen every hurricane.
That's why I don't have modern cars. Trying buying an EV that can't be remotely controlled. The fact that the push isn't for EVs to be a part of citizen transport, but THE WAY of citizen transport (outside of public transportation) should be a good indicator of the ulterior motives by governing bodies. They do love governing afterall.

That's why I don't have modern cars. Trying buying an EV that can't be remotely controlled. The fact that the push isn't for EVs to be a part of citizen transport, but THE WAY of citizen transport (outside of public transportation) should be a good indicator of the ulterior motives by governing bodies. They do love governing afterall.
Again, I'm against all the government subsidies and all that. But the OIL industry is largely subsidized too, more so than EV's I believe.

I just don't understand the silly hysterical claims people make about an Electric powered vehicle. It's just a different power source, with advantages and disadvantages.

The funny thing is, if you took away 100% of all the government subsidies Tesla would probably end up being the only Motor Vehicle company left standing.

"I just don't understand the silly hysterical claims people make about an Electric powered vehicle."
been following this thread...I'm not sure I've seen "hysterical" people, just people with different opinions..
you have stated you do not have an EV....do you consider your comments "hysterical"???

Actually with those requirements the best choice would be a PHEV, you would truly get the best of both worlds and when your batteries stop working all together you can still use the engine if you can find fuel.

Back
Top Bottom