• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Excise tax vs NFA tax stamp...interesting read

Governments love to spend money, they don't have any of their own, so where else is it going to come from ? One way or another you're going to pay for it all.

The guns shouldn't cost any more than semis, artificially controlled supply drives up the price.

There shouldn't be a 'transfer tax' on title II arms, hell there shouldn't be a title II to begin with.

Taxing a man's labor is pure evil, I don't give a damn how much money they earn. It's evil.
Agreed . I could build a sten semi auto for less than $350 all day long.
If legally able I could build a full auto for less. The semi requires more parts . At the same time I could sell my transferable sten for $6,500+ easily.

You are paying for that piece of paper . That piece of paper made my $350 dollar sten worth $5,000 when I bought it . Now it's worth $6,500 and will continue to move on up to the east side . To a deluxe apartment in the sky .

The $200 tax is their way of making you pay to exorcise a right that is already guaranteed in the constitution. Some people pay the extortion fee and some don't.

The $200 tax is their way of making you pay to exorcise a right that is already guaranteed in the constitution. Some people pay the extortion fee and some don't.
Actually no. It was designed to keep automatic firearms out of reach for 95% of the population . Look up the cost of a suppressor back then.

Would you pay $3 bucks for a suppressor just to turn around and pay $200 to own it? Nope.

Once machine gunning became the norm they had to regulate them. The people with money like that either can't pass the background or are rich and harmless. No other reason.

$200 bucks in the 20s was a tremendous amount of money. Most people simply couldn't afford that. Even today some folks can't swing the $200. I hate to admit it but the NFA is actually the only gun control that shows results, reduced the use of them in crimes and cost/wait keeps people away. So it worked. By allowing it to work due to "I ain't paying $200" just assures me NFA ain't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom