• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Extraordinary helicopter rescue in the French Alps"

looks like they dropped off the medics, then took off until the medics were ready to evac. the patient would need to be stabilized before transport and the pilot certainly isnt going to hover there like that until they were ready. the pilot may of left a healthy medic/crew member if they did not have enough power to take off at that altitude. Those helicopters do not have a ton of spare power and at those altitudes/temps, they will be power limited even further. .

looks like they dropped off the medics, then took off until the medics were ready to evac. the patient would need to be stabilized before transport and the pilot certainly isnt going to hover there like that until they were ready. the pilot may of left a healthy medic/crew member if they did not have enough power to take off at that altitude. Those helicopters do not have a ton of spare power and at those altitudes/temps, they will be power limited even further. .
Three people left up there...Not being an expert on rescue, I can see that happening...But there were definitely two different camera views...and at least three souls left up there.

right. that's not a transport helicopter, its a rescue helicopter and it took the injured skier. His buddies can find their own way down.
Sucks to be the buddies, but then they were assured their friend was in good hands....So, I guess the slide down was a cake ride...

Sucks to be the buddies, but then they were assured their friend was in good hands....So, I guess the slide down was a cake ride...
naw, I bet they were having a great time till their buddy decided to break himself. Prob went down the mountain and had a few drinks for the injured.

That definitely was not a training flight. I've primarily flown helicopters from 1968 to Jan. of 2011 with a couple of breaks in between and the pilot technique required to do what he just did at altitude is the very best.

Back
Top Bottom