• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

F Chevy- Lifelong fan no more

Rzr570

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Out of town up in Knoxville today and had a little time between appointments, so I stopped in at the stealership to get an oil change and tire rotation. Service guy comes out and tells me he's got some bad news.... I've got a hole in my radiator. He goes on to say that GM has a tech bulletin out on it and it's because of a faulty thermostat something another, but they're not issuing a recall at this time.... So repair is on me. F'n $1300 worth. He said they'd make an appeal to GM for some help and possibly they'd cover up to half, BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM .... Appeal to GM denied. F me!
I've been a Chevy guy for a long time and I've had nothing, but good experiences with their product, but screw them. It really chaps my @$$ that they know they have a faulty party, yet they stick the consumer with the bill. I sent an email to GM and I'm sure I won't hear back, but I'm done with the a$$ hats and I'm moving on.
Rant over

Out of town up in Knoxville today and had a little time between appointments, so I stopped in at the stealership to get an oil change and tire rotation. Service guy comes out and tells me he's got some bad news.... I've got a hole in my radiator. He goes on to say that GM has a tech bulletin out on it and it's because of a faulty thermostat something another, but they're not issuing a recall at this time.... So repair is on me. F'n $1300 worth. He said they'd make an appeal to GM for some help and possibly they'd cover up to half, BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM .... Appeal to GM denied. F me!
I've been a Chevy guy for a long time and I've had nothing, but good experiences with their product, but screw them. It really chaps my @$$ that they know they have a faulty party, yet they stick the consumer with the bill. I sent an email to GM and I'm sure I won't hear back, but I'm done with the a$$ hats and I'm moving on.
Rant over
Buy a ford

were you actually loosing coolant? dunno how they would have found magic hole in your radiator if you never noticed it before
Yes, but not until they pointed it out to me and showed me the issue. Trust me, I wasn't going to take their word for it. You could also smell it.... That's actually what got the service techs attention. It just really pisses me the F off that GM just turns its back on its customers like that. I'm in the manufacturing business and we stand behind our products 110%.... Not these @$$ clowns

So I assume you didn't have a hole in the radiator when you pulled in if it was just for an oil change and a tire rotation? Seems like that's something a fella would notice.

Sounds pretty darn fishy and smells like BS on the part of the dealership to me?

Ford shop in Maconga told me a new radiator installed would be $1,200+. I LOL'd and told him to pound sand. topped the fluid of for 5 years, about a gallon every 6 months. Took my Explorer to a mechanic I trust and he replaced the radiator and hoses for $275, parts labor, everything. Dealerships are BS. They make neckbeards look like valued citizens.

So I assume you didn't have a hole in the radiator when you pulled in if it was just for an oil change and a tire rotation? Seems like that's something a fella would notice.

Sounds pretty darn fishy and smells like BS on the part of the dealership to me?
You guys are missing the point of the rant. Problem is legit... GM has issued a service bulletin regarding it, but not doing anything to fix the problem

Back
Top Bottom