• No, but I'd buy a taco

• Yes, and I'd buy two tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quacker

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
Today I found a K31swiss FS. Looks to be in great shape. SN puts it around 1943-44 range. Barrel looks great.. stock is a little dinged up but no broken wood fibers, only dents. It comes with a clamp on style scope mount and older Nikon prostatf scope. I would take the scope and mount off immediately but I think the mount is kinda pricey. I believe the mount is the first featured in this article.

http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/sights/

Anyway.... they're asking $650 and I can probably talk him down to $600. Is it worth it?

31088 - I grew up there, but I digress.

I absolutely love Swiss rifles and am awed by their precision. I have two 31's and a 96/11. And ammo is finally back in stock.

I could promote the brand and say, "Sure, worth every dime!" In today's money it would cost $1,200 to recreate such an accurate rifle. Blah, blah, blah.

And on the other hand I could say, "Wow, they sure have appreciated!" Which is true, don't get me wrong but I'd have a hard time paying that. First one I got was $249 and had a matching numbers bayonet and came with a cleaning kit with two tins of Waffenfett. Sorry, keep getting off track.

The scope mount is a good one - I've used with success out to 600 yds - but keep in mind it uses 3/8" dovetail mounts. Like what a .22 uses. Not the best but about the only thing available.

The other side of the argument is that they aren't really available online any where I know. Your best bet would be to call on ODT to help you find one. Someone may see one at a pawn shop or have one they never shoot that they payed $100 for back in the day. If ODT can't help I'd say it's a fair price. Not a great price but certainly the rifle is worth the money. The Swiss soldiers take meticulous care of their weapons.

Good luck in your decision! Once you join the club you'll be glad you did!

Thanks for the insight. I know it is a steep price but it seems that they are getting harder and harder to find. I'll let it sit awhile longer. I have definitely heard great things about them. I'd love to snatch one up for tree fiddy

Back
Top Bottom