• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite low/no cholesterol dish?

When we found out that mine was high at 28 years old my wife quit buying ground beef and went to pretty much all ground turkey for those types of dishes. She didn't say anything to me about it to see if I would notice and I didn't. Not sure if it worked I haven't been back to the doctor since.

Thinly sliced peppers and onions, sautéed in a little Pam. Then sautee thin sliced chicken breast. Put veggies back in the pan with the chicken, add fresh chopped tomato. Add taco seasoning (or your own, chili powder, onion & garlic powder, cumin and black pepper), and a bit of water. Makes sort of a fajita mix.

Put into a high fiber tortilla (there is a "wellness" brand with 90 calories and 9 grams of fiber), and top with a homemade pico de galo (onions, tomatoes and cilantro), and then a dollop of plain greek yogurt.

For less than 500 calories, you have 12-13 grams of fiber, 15-25 grams of protein. And it's delicious!
Made a version of these last night. For an initial try, was pretty good eats! :thumb:

Yep, I have to start back on this type of diet/way of life. Went for blood work on Wednesday and got my numbers back. Off the charts. I thought I had been eating fairly healthy for a while. I stopped taking my Statin meds for about a month before. I felt they were interfering with my sleep. Waiting on the phone conference call with the Dr next week. That should be a fun call.

Back
Top Bottom