• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Practice Drills

ngcsugrad09

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
119   0
Reaction score
Since we have this section, let's use it.

What are some of your favorite drills to practice?

While I have a large rotation of different drills, if I had to pick a favorite it would be the IDPA Classifier. It is a 90 shot course of fire that covers everything from close and fast shooting to precision at 25, barricade use, movement, reloads, SH/WH only, etc. The IDPA Classifier also works well for tracking performance as there is a lot of data obtained and can be compared. I have a benchmark for myself to compare new equipment/ideas and getting feedback on if it actually improves my performance.

It is a little hard to setup for limited facilities, but if you're fortunate to shoot one give it a try.. especially if you're an IDPA member.

Link to IDPA Classifier COF

The F.A.S.T. drill is a favorite of mine. It's a little weird doing the head shots first but it's a good practice drill that doesn't burn up alot of ammo & doesn't take very long to do.

Not exactly what you're referring to but I also like to shoot wiith either hand using my non-dominant eye in case primary eye is hurt/obscured & to empathize w/students who are right-handed but left-eye dominant.
Good practice.

Last edited:
"Bill Drill" aka Bill Rodgers drill of shooting 6 body shots and 1 head shot as fast and accuratly as you can, typically in 1 1/4sec or 2 secs from a low ready. It works on trigger control and front sight alignment and proper grip. I like doing this at home with my revolver to build up strength in my trigger finger and my airsoft pistol while watching action movies against the bad guys.

Back
Top Bottom