• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Red Dot and Why?

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts
Veritas Aequitas
188   0
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 300BO pistol for a better optic without breaking the bank. What do y'all run? Bushnell TRS25 moves around.

Thinking about the Vortex Sparc2 or Romeo?

Thoughts?

I really like the Sparc 2. I've had mine perched on the gas tube of a WASR for over a year and it is a great red dot....And I have shot with it a LOT.

Every time I've used a PA it was excellent too. I've never owned one, though.

If I were looking at around $200 one of these would be my choice.

If you spend a bit more I hear great things about some of the Holosun red dots.

Primary Arms 3x magnifier/classic red dot/micro red dor. They were probably the first main stream company to bring high(er) quality glass/sights at an affordable price. No idea how they are getting such job quality products from China. Their customer service is second to none.

Chinese will make quality products if you're willing to pay them. They're the epitome of "you get what you pay for". Also quality control. I can order PA type sights online and have them shipped to my house. Might get good ones, might get bad ones. If I pay more per unit, I'll get better ones. But they actually go to the factories in China and have a higher level of QC, which gives them an advantage.

SIG does the same thing, though not as much as they used to. Burris and some of the other mid-level optic makers too. A lot of companies are branding the same items nowadays and some companies pay more attention to detail than others.

To give you an example, PA makes sure that every sight they have manufactured is made to the exact same standards. Same metal, same lenses composition, etc. Buy the same design from a random manufacturer over there and you'll get whatever they decided to use that particular day. They even have fake aluminum in a way. Always possible you order something made of "steel" or "aluminum" and end up getting an item made of pot metal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-aluminium-ahome-idUSKCN0PO03C20150714

I have a astigmatism in my eye so I'm scared to try a lot of different stuff. I have a vortex 1x prism scope that works good, red or green or black with no battery so it'll still work which is great

Chinese will make quality products if you're willing to pay them. They're the epitome of "you get what you pay for". Also quality control. I can order PA type sights online and have them shipped to my house. Might get good ones, might get bad ones. If I pay more per unit, I'll get better ones. But they actually go to the factories in China and have a higher level of QC, which gives them an advantage.

SIG does the same thing, though not as much as they used to. Burris and some of the other mid-level optic makers too. A lot of companies are branding the same items nowadays and some companies pay more attention to detail than others.

To give you an example, PA makes sure that every sight they have manufactured is made to the exact same standards. Same metal, same lenses composition, etc. Buy the same design from a random manufacturer over there and you'll get whatever they decided to use that particular day. They even have fake aluminum in a way. Always possible you order something made of "steel" or "aluminum" and end up getting an item made of pot metal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-aluminium-ahome-idUSKCN0PO03C20150714

Post of the day right here! I mean, a good example, this red dot https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Rifles-Shotguns-Ozark-Armament/dp/B010OMQSR2 is the same red dot that Primary Arms sold, minus their logo. It's $39.99 to your door, where PA was like $80 + $12 s&h. I would bet PA paid for batches to be QC'd and the amazon ones skip the QC process.

I had a Sparc AR, and it wasn't bad. But with the market in the crapper like it is right now, I'd buy an MRO or ACO.

I've owned:
2 MRO's
2 T1's
1 ACO
1 PRO
1 Comp M4s
2 XPS2-0's
2 512's
1 Sparc 2
1 Sparc AR

MRO is the best hands down in my opinion. Then the T1. Good time to buy high end stuff for real cheap.

Post of the day right here! I mean, a good example, this red dot https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Rifles-Shotguns-Ozark-Armament/dp/B010OMQSR2 is the same red dot that Primary Arms sold, minus their logo. It's $39.99 to your door, where PA was like $80 + $12 s&h. I would bet PA paid for batches to be QC'd and the amazon ones skip the QC process.

Alibaba has made the process very easy. Alibaba Express made it even easier for small orders.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tac...lgo_pvid=611b313d-307f-4895-b97b-dd43a97714ac

Same sight for $28.80 free shipping and that's likely not the cheapest manufacturer and certainly not the cheapest price if you order enough of them, though Express is more for people making a few purchases instead of buying many units in bulk. Of course you'll wait a month or so to get it in most cases, but that's the cost of saving money.

Holosun. Why? I find the circle dot reticle is a lot faster to pick up than just a single dot, allowing the center dot to be smaller, more precise. Same as eotech without the price tag or bulkiness.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom