• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fawn Safe Space

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
My Dad's front porch has developed into a day care spot for a Deer. In the past week a doe drops off her fawn and comes back later in the day to pick it up. He saw her nursing it in his front yard yesterday. This isn't exactly a country setting either. It's a big neighborhood with lot's of traffic, but deer like hanging around that neighborhood.

I was visiting him last Christmas, standing in the driveway having a smoke when a doe ran past my truck with a big buck in hot pursuit. I don't think they even noticed I was standing there. Maybe this fawn is theirs. :)

lynxjet.net_media_Miscellaneous_porchfawn.jpg

My Dad's front porch has developed into a day care spot for a Deer. In the past week a doe drops off her fawn and comes back later in the day to pick it up. He saw her nursing it in his front yard yesterday. This isn't exactly a country setting either. It's a big neighborhood with lot's of traffic, but deer like hanging around that neighborhood.

I was visiting him last Christmas, standing in the driveway having a smoke when a doe ran past my truck with a big buck in hot pursuit. I don't think they even noticed I was standing there. Maybe this fawn is theirs. :)

lynxjet.net_media_Miscellaneous_porchfawn.jpg

Kool picture, I have about 10-15 Deers in my yard every night.

We have 7 to 10 that live in woods on each side of drive way! I have counted as many as 25 within mile and hafe of house! Nothing like nature and the critters in it !

We have 7 to 10 that live in woods on each side of drive way! I have counted as many as 25 within mile and hafe of house! Nothing like nature and the critters in it !

Absolutely! He lives on the edge of country and city in Louisville. I figured when the neighborhood exploded over 30 years ago, the deer would disappear. They didn't, and seem just as numerous now as those days.

Back
Top Bottom