• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fear of the stupid things

I don’t like wooden utensils. Or popsicle sticks. Won’t even touch them. If the wood is smooth enough I can but anything with a “raw” feel. Ain’t happnin.
thats was my youngest son's fear he could not touch a wood utensil he kinded of grow out of it but there was a sold 25 years of that fear other wise a fearless guy and a bit of a Dare devil...

So here's a weird one. I'm afraid of needles and having my blood drawn. I get all anxious and clammy like I'm about to pass out. I have to sit down and can't look at it. But I've got a lot of tattoos. Different kind of needle, don't actually see your blood.

Also, a crippling fear of heights. Up to a certain extent. Being up on an ladder to get on my roof is fine. But I get shaky knees if I'm on a 10th floor balcony looking down.

I bled when I got my tattoos.

Falling. That is a horrible feeling. I jumped off of a few cliffs into water when i was a teenager. I didn't like the feeling and it still gets me to this day. Popsicle sticks give me the heeby geebys to

Trypophobia is an aversion to the sight of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps.[3][4] It is not officially recognized as a mental disorder, but may be diagnosed as a specific phobia if excessive fear and distress occur.[1][3] People may express only disgust to trypophobic imagery.[3]

The scientific understanding of trypophobia is limited.[3] Although few studies have been done on trypophobia, researchers hypothesize that it is the result of a biological revulsion that associates trypophobic shapes with danger or disease, and may therefore have an evolutionary basis.[1][3]

Was never claustrophobic as a younger man but as I got older it started. Last time I got on a plane I boarded last and got the last seat. The plane was full and the only seat left was last row against the fuselage. I almost got off the plane. I took some deep breaths and started reading to get my mind off the situation.

When I was very young I had a fear of needles. Air Force basic training took care of that for me. Now I watch them put the needle in my arm and draw the blood and nothing like that bothers me.

I have a thing about heights now. When I was young I would climb way up in the trees and make the tops swing back and forth. I worked for Bell South for a year or so installing/repairing phones and I had to climb poles with my hooks every day. I slid down a 40 footer and got hurt but lived. Feel off a 20 and got hurt and quit climbing. Now I m good up to about 6 feet and then I start swaying back and forth. It's a real bear to climb a step ladder to change a light bulb. Don't even ask me to climb up on the roof. At 70 years old I'm probably not going to change now.

Was never claustrophobic as a younger man but as I got older it started. Last time I got on a plane I boarded last and got the last seat. The plane was full and the only seat left was last row against the fuselage. I almost got off the plane. I took some deep breaths and started reading to get my mind off the situation.

It's the feeling of not being able to escape if you need to. Not so much claustrophobia but the fear of the inability to egress. I get it in planes, crowded spaces, etc.

Places with very limited egress freak me out too once you're in there fully populated, like college football stadiums, concert venues, etc.

I have a fear of looking at Dingo Dingo posts. ODT experts have hammered out how Australian stuff will kill you. I look since it's always good stuff but I always expect it to be my last action before screaming in deathly pain.
Excellent the strategy is working, distract themselves with a good post while the ‘Likes’ sneak up and slaughter them in the night. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom