• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback on the CZ 75's??

Ive shot the phantom, one of the best triggers ive ever shot, very very accurate and great to shoot, just nothing but great things to say about the phantom...Heavy, wouldnt want to carry it tho.

I own a CZ (75) P-07 Duty..still the most accurate pistol i own, trigger is amazing, just one of the best...CZ is so underrated, but well appreciated, great guns.

"it works."

cleaned it last oct by spraying it out and shaking dry with a couple patches down the tube when i changed the recoil spring. i think i'm somewhere at 8 or 9k since then. maybe 20 thru it in all? i don't keep track. i just look at the primer receipts for the feds i get. it drives, uh, tacks? or dimes, lol, beats me. i throw oil at it before traveling out of state once or twice a month. the duty cycle on the tube is around 50 or more k but i have no signs of wear yet. i bought one with 35k as a backup and it ran like a top. trigger return spring if you run it dry all the time might go around 10k but there's an improved one, my stock went somewhere around 15k? but i run relatively dry. throwing a 130pf load the recoil springs go about 10k no problem either, i've only replaced the 10lb spring once. extractor - sometimes gunk goes there if you shoot dirty loads. if you're running wet and dirty like bullseye or TG behind moly you'll get crud behind the extractor every few hundred. just run jacket with a fast powder and there's no dirt. CZ is gaining traction in some sports for its long duty cycle, match barrels, type of ergos, faster cycle time, and a 1911 or better trigger in SA that runs fast. for me throwing a 125 grain at 1100fps shoots pretty flat. accuracy-wise it still does what i want at 40 yards with my load and accurately call my shots, and it runs great overall.

getting a non-railed gun like the plain 75b means less weight up front so a little more perceived recoil, but you still get the same durability, great hammer fired trigger, faster cycle time, and very high grip potential with the slide in frame.

if you have low hand strength you'll have to practice racking the slide since there's less slide surface to grab but you'll get it after a few tries. the stock rear sight on a 75b also can work like a slide racker, i can grab it with a hooked index finger to rack it.

aftermarket support is good. big enough to have everything you need to make it work, yet small enough so there's no chinese knockoff crap you have to sort through.

mags are $20 which are reasonable, and are resistant enough to elements and a snap to clean. for most of what we do we don't really clean guns but we clean mags a lot from dropping in gravel, pea gravel, sand, dirt, and mud. mine have gotten wet a lot and dirty but they hold up better than other certain mags, fewer holes. recent set has seen about 140 matches and are still fine with a spring change, tubes and lips are still within spec. have to keep an eye on feed lips as they can push out, but that has only happened once in three years.

CZ 75B
Second-generation CZ 75 with internal firing pin safety, squared and serrated trigger guard, and ring hammer.

CZ 75 SP-01/SP-01 Tactical
Similar to the P-01 with accessory rail, but with all-steel construction and utilizing the full-size frame and slide as well as incorporating extended-capacity 19 round magazines. It is available with an ambidextrous manual safety (SP-01) or with an ambidextrous decocker (SP-01 Tactical). Used in the 2005 IPSC World Shoot XIV by World Champions Adam Tyc and Angus Hobdell (1st and 3rd place respectively in the production division
CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
The SP-01 Phantom is a variant of the CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical pistol and has a polymer frame with accessory rail, and a forged steel slide with a weight saving scalloped profile. Two Interchangeable grip rear strap inserts are included with the Phantom to accommodate users with different sized hands. The pistol is further outfitted with a decocking lever.

Personally, I think that the best options are the sp01 tactical and phantom. biggest thing is the weight on the tactical compare to the phantom.

Last edited:
"it works."

cleaned it last oct by spraying it out and shaking dry with a couple patches down the tube when i changed the recoil spring. i think i'm somewhere at 8 or 9k since then. maybe 20 thru it in all? i don't keep track. i just look at the primer receipts for the feds i get. it drives, uh, tacks? or dimes, lol, beats me. i throw oil at it before traveling out of state once or twice a month. the duty cycle on the tube is around 50 or more k but i have no signs of wear yet. i bought one with 35k as a backup and it ran like a top. trigger return spring if you run it dry all the time might go around 10k but there's an improved one, my stock went somewhere around 15k? but i run relatively dry. throwing a 130pf load the recoil springs go about 10k no problem either, i've only replaced the 10lb spring once. extractor - sometimes gunk goes there if you shoot dirty loads. if you're running wet and dirty like bullseye or TG behind moly you'll get crud behind the extractor every few hundred. just run jacket with a fast powder and there's no dirt. CZ is gaining traction in some sports for its long duty cycle, match barrels, type of ergos, faster cycle time, and a 1911 or better trigger in SA that runs fast. for me throwing a 125 grain at 1100fps shoots pretty flat. accuracy-wise it still does what i want at 40 yards with my load and accurately call my shots, and it runs great overall.

getting a non-railed gun like the plain 75b means less weight up front so a little more perceived recoil, but you still get the same durability, great hammer fired trigger, faster cycle time, and very high grip potential with the slide in frame.

if you have low hand strength you'll have to practice racking the slide since there's less slide surface to grab but you'll get it after a few tries. the stock rear sight on a 75b also can work like a slide racker, i can grab it with a hooked index finger to rack it.

aftermarket support is good. big enough to have everything you need to make it work, yet small enough so there's no chinese knockoff crap you have to sort through.

mags are $20 which are reasonable, and are resistant enough to elements and a snap to clean. for most of what we do we don't really clean guns but we clean mags a lot from dropping in gravel, pea gravel, sand, dirt, and mud. mine have gotten wet a lot and dirty but they hold up better than other certain mags, fewer holes. recent set has seen about 140 matches and are still fine with a spring change, tubes and lips are still within spec. have to keep an eye on feed lips as they can push out, but that has only happened once in three years.

Add a few pics of some dead paper and put this in the review section !!! ;)

As you can see, once people buy them, they really like them. I have a couple CZs, including the close brother of the 75, the 85 Combat. My favorite 9 mm by far, and that includes a half dozen Sig Sauers in 9.
Last week shot a friends P-01, his compact carry weapon. Even in a smaller frame, shot very accurately. I'd buy that in a minute.

Since they fit your hand and you like the way they aim, I think you'll be very happy with it. Have not shot the Phantom or Shadow, but have not heard a bad thing about either.

Buy it.

CZs' are great weapons, I have even tried the cz70 in .32 acp. At thirty feet all rnds in a head shot, I know, I know, the .32 is a little wimpy, but deadlier than a .22.

all the fullsize grips interchange, so he can have it on any fullsize model. they also make compact grips.

Damn. I did not know that. Do you know if those grips listed on VZ's website fit the CZ 97? I was eyeballing one of those the other day and almost brought it home with me, but decided to see if VZ grips worked on it first. I know that sounds stupid, but hey the VZ grips make that gun look sexy ass hell. Speaking of the 97, have you had any trigger time with it Squirrel? I have yet to find a bad review on the intrawebs and for some reason I keep running into the 97's over the 75 Sp's. I have been looking for a CZ 75 sp01 tactical for awhile.

Hey, Calebp were exactly did you find a Sp01?

Back
Top Bottom