Feel Free To Give Me Advice

Weimarman

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
64   0
Reaction score
A week and a half ago I won a gun auction on gunbroker: ar15 $605 +tax and shipping. They sent me an email the next day saying "15 to 18 day order fullfillment timeframe". Let me know what you think about their email they sent today. Any advice is appreciated.

If you are receiving this email it is with great regret that I am informing you that you are 1 of the 2200 some odd people of the nearly 8000 orders we have received that we do not feel we will be able to fulfill in a timely manner. I do also want to state that we 100% guarantee that we will fulfill your order if that is your wish, we would just like to take this moment to offer our customers some options due to current circumstances. We have been overwhelmed with sales and do not feel we can process your order in a timely manner, unlike other retailers we do not feel it is polite to hold onto your hard earned money and make you wait 6 months to a year to receive something you have paid for. We have never in 6 years of manufacturing ever been in this position. A couple of factors have led to these decisions that are outside of our control. One of our major suppliers of lower receivers has informed us that they are closing the doors of their business in wake of the CT school shooting and most receivers are manufactured in Union plants that are shut down until after the second week in January. Mossberg has informed us that they are holding shipments of 223 barrel blanks in wake of the CT school shooting as these materials are primarily used in the manufacture of military style semi-automatic “assault” weapons (which coincidentally they also happen to manufacture). Our vendor for our current shipment of barrel material has diverted our shipment to a larger manufacturer and will not be delivering our required product anywhere near the schedule we need, they are telling us it will be 120 business days. At this time any vendor doing business in the black rifle business is completely overburdened with orders, and it is a constantly changing situation as people are cancelling orders as fast as others are placing them due to the extended shipping times. We have come up with some options to come to a speedy resolution to this problem. Option A) Leave your order intact, we will fulfill your order but it may take an extended period of time. We are unsure of the schedule as it is dependent upon our vendors, can be from 2 months to 6 months or possibly longer. We will deliver your lower receiver as soon as it is available; this will occur before the upper half is complete. Option B) Requested expedited service, which will have an additional cost of anywhere from $60 to $120 and we will procure product through different vendors at a higher cost, we will invoice you prior to shipping. We are unsure of the timeframes for these production materials at this time. We are estimating a minimum of 45 to 60 days at this time. We will deliver your lower receiver as soon as it is available; this will occur before the upper half is complete. Option C) Use your original purchase as a store credit to purchase another firearm (be aware that ordering any black rifle will have extended shipping times of up to 6 months) or any other store items and receive a refund of unused balance paid via company check. Option D) Downgrade your original purchase to a non-refundable $180 hold deposit. In the event of a ban or legislation change we will issue a refund in the amount of the hold deposit minus our standard cancellation fee of 10%. Anyone changing from a pre-paid order to hold deposit order will be given less priority, as we will fulfill pre-paid orders first, then hold deposit orders. Option E) Take an immediate refund less ½ of the involved credit card fees and no 10% order cancellation fee (this is our standard policy for an order cancellation). We have always prided ourselves on not charging extra for using a credit card and since most orders are paid via credit card, that is why we have a 10% cancellation fee, but in this case we are willing to split the difference with our customers under these extraordinary circumstances. We were charged 3% for the initial purchase and we will be charged 3% for the refund. We are willing to issue a refund for the purchase less 3%. We feel this is a more than reasonable offer as it will cost us approximately $20 per rifle per refund.

Which company? I don't like the fact they were auctioning something they didn't have on hand.

Otherwise it seems to be some reasonable offers outside the small CC fee.

So they were selling freaking guns they didn't have in stock?

That's not cool. Fraudulent IMHO.

At the least, a negative feedback is in order if they can't make it good in a reasonable amount of time. Almost sounds to me, with the price you paid, and the fallout that has happened since the original transaction, they are trying to get you to back out of the deal, so they don't have to honor the price, thus being able to sell at 3 times that.

I just can't image them selling guns that they don't have in stock. Even before CT shooting, there were sometimes 6 month backorders on AR stuff.

Got any friends that are lawyers, that could write them a nice letter?

Last edited:
The manufacturer would be SKY GUNS INTERNATIONAL. I know some of the guys there and they are good people. Just as the notice stated, they are getting shafted by the supplier. The suppliers are not shipping them parts, those are being shipped to major producers and military contracts. I guess this is what happens when your one of the little guys. At least they had the integrity to let you know what is up and offer some options.
For my $$ I would wait it out or pony up a bit extra for expidited service and :pray2: that doesnt mean 6 months.

Oh, and all that crap about Credit Card fees, and giving a refund less the fee. Screw that! That is a cost of doing business for the seller, if they don't want to deal with that cost, or don't somehow have that cost built into their product, then that is their own damn fault, not yours. If they don't want to deal with Credit Card fees, or aren't smart enough to have that cost built into their product, then they shouldn't take take them.

Here is the link to the ad:
And here is the email they sent first: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322953687

A message has been sent to you by a user of GunBroker.com. Please scroll down to the MESSAGE FROM USER section below to read the text.

The "From" name on this email is the sending user's GunBroker.com user name. To reply to the sender, click your 'Reply' button in your email software.

-- BEGIN MESSAGE FROM USER --
Congratulations on your purchase, I wish to notify you at this time it will take 15 to 18 business days for your rifle to ship after payment due to the overwhelming surge in business we are experiencing. I tried to stop the auctions last night, but Gunbroker crashed. If you have not already paid or made arrangements to pay, please do so to prevent any further delay in your order.
-- END MESSAGE FROM USER --
This message is regarding the following item:

Item Title: Sky Guns International AR 15 AR15

Last edited:
Wow, that sux!

First, they can't sell items they don't have on hand per GB rules. Let GB know and leave feedback.

Second, just wait a few days and buy an AR, everything will be back to normal. :rolleyes:

I would try and get my money back without fees and buy an AR local understanding that it will cost me more. applying the bird in the hand saying here.

Back
Top Bottom