Feel Free To Give Me Advice

Here is the link to the ad:
And here is the email they sent first: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322953687

A message has been sent to you by a user of GunBroker.com. Please scroll down to the MESSAGE FROM USER section below to read the text.

The "From" name on this email is the sending user's GunBroker.com user name. To reply to the sender, click your 'Reply' button in your email software.

-- BEGIN MESSAGE FROM USER --
Congratulations on your purchase, I wish to notify you at this time it will take 15 to 18 business days for your rifle to ship after payment due to the overwhelming surge in business we are experiencing. I tried to stop the auctions last night, but Gunbroker crashed. If you have not already paid or made arrangements to pay, please do so to prevent any further delay in your order.
-- END MESSAGE FROM USER --
This message is regarding the following item:

Item Title: Sky Guns International AR 15 AR15

If he tried to pull the add, because of the foreseeable problems in getting materials to build the rifle, then why the hell was it relisted and sold again to another user?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322961912

This seems really fishy to me.

yeah they screwed you, let GB know and seller my opt to honor original agreement rather than getting a negative and an infraction from GB

Seller did not list any special circumstances beyond GB's payment/shipping policy
Once payment is received the seller will ship the item to the buyer, or to the Buyer's transfer dealer (FFL) in the case of modern firearms. This auction is a binding contract between the Seller and the Buyer(s).

Yeah that's bull****.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

An auction is a binding contract. If they cannot/will not deliver then you are ENTITLED to a full complete refund. They violated the auction rules selling something they DID NOT HAVE IN HAND. File a complaint with the auction site and open a dispute with your credit card company. You will get all your money back.

Again the seller screwed themselves selling items they did not have in hand, you in good faith bid and won the auction. You are not at fault and should not have to pay any cc processing fees or cancellation fees.

Just my opinion

These folks may be 'good people' who got hosed by suppliers, but they sold an auction item that doesn't exist. From where I sit, that smells fraudulent. Also, it is my understanding that the fees are supposed to be absorbed by the merchants per their card processor agreements.

I also FEEL like the order is being bumped down in priority due to simple economics, and to offer 'premium' processing for extra fee just smells even more rotten. You should get a FULL refund via your credit card company, since, in effect, you were sold an item that did not exist. I would even consider a small claims civil suit for his selling imaginary rifles, since he is here in GA.

I have the agree with most posters here. there is no way they should keep any "fee" if they cancel the order or you ask for a refund. You fulfilled your obligations as a buyer if you paid for the item, they did not or cannot fulfill their obligation.

Back
Top Bottom