Fiber is good for you.

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
FINALLY! There is a large role of fiber optic cable in my front yard and the poor crew is out there in the rain digging up everyone's yard. Being in the back of the hood our data speeds have always languished. If I'm going to live in suburban hell it's about time we get some of the benefits.
1 Gig on the way. :cool2:

Man, I was excited. I had a poop so violent the other day that I had to take a picture and send it to some friends. Not going to get to use it here today though I guess.....:pout:

Side story:
My buddy Trashcan had a top 10 poop on ratemypoo.com for like a year one time.

But this has nothing to do with any of that

Jealous, I wish I had gigabit access again! When I was out in SoCal it was prevalent even a decade ago. Here in Athens it's apparently not even a dream at the moment.

As for ratemypoo, cap'n hook........look it up. Just sayin'

It's great for when co-workers leave their screens unlocked. Right click, set image as desktop, then lock the screen. Don't ask.
OhNo! I can't believe they took it down. It was great. It would show you a picture of a poo that someone had uploaded and you be like "Oh sick!" but you couldn't get to the next poo until you rated it on a scale of one to ten. After a couple hours you'd find yourself legitimately giving scores to poos.

FINALLY! There is a large role of fiber optic cable in my front yard and the poor crew is out there in the rain digging up everyone's yard. Being in the back of the hood our data speeds have always languished. If I'm going to live in suburban hell it's about time we get some of the benefits.
1 Gig on the way. :cool2:
Last week my mom axed why I couldn't just put a new double wide on her 5 acres in south Dooly Co. So my answer was " Well I don't know the regs in Dooly Co. " But the short version of this story is my wife works online from home and has since well before Covid. We just barely meet the upload speeds using Windstream DSL. So of course it's a no go down there in gnat country. Point is look at where we are as a society when internet speeds can dictate where you move.
When we got here in 18 we signed up with ComSouth which turned into Hargray. They had 5G cable internet. They wired all new stuff from the pole to the house . But it would only hold a connection for about 10 to 15 minutes and then drop. I went round and round with them until they finally blamed our computers and equipment. So I told them we had just moved from Darien where we had Comcast which was cable internet and the exact same modems and maybe had one outage a moth if that much. That's when I told the manager to stop bull****ting me and close my account.

Back
Top Bottom