• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Figured it out thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the gun new or used?
New, it might get better with some use. Some 1911's are built a little tight and get better with age.
Used, it might be weak magazine springs not lifting the round up quick enough before the slide closes.
I've never had a problem with Blazer Brass, but the fact all three of your guns had issues maybe that box was crap.

There are some steps to tuning a 1911. Once done, it will run 100%.

Unfortunately, most 1911's are not 100% right out of the box.

There are countless books and articles about 1911 tuning.

Yours is malfunctioning more than it should. More rounds for break in should not be required.

If you are new to 1911's, I suggest taking it to a pro, sending it back to Para, or selling it.

Things to check in this order:
Mags, sticking firing pin or bent firing pin, Barrel throat--sharpe edge at chamber entry, extractor-proper bevel and tension and proper fit to firing pin stop, breech face-general roughness, Feed ramp-unlikely with modern CNC manufacturing, ejector-loose or bad angle on face, replace recoil spring with 16 pound quality spring.

Good luck with it--

3 guns, same ammo, same type of issue. My first thought is the ammo, possibly 3 new non-broken in firearms but highly doubtful in this case.

I would not do any gun "fixing" until the ammo issue is sorted out with all three.

If various brands/types of ammo doesn't solve it then operator maintenance bears into question and just what the heck is being used for lube, where at and how much.

Spit don't work on steel, well not in most cases.

Edit: What is the grain (230 grain FMJ?) and type of bullet? Also what is the Overall length of the round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom