• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally decent internet speed.....

kdonnel

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Just got at&t to install their fiber to the home solution.

kevinandjudy.com_wire_gigapower.png

Almost 38 times faster download than my Comcast 25Meg plan and over 190 times faster upload than my Comcast 5Meg plan.

All for $77 a month.

Meanwhile, in rural areas where only AT&T DSL is available, they have let the network fall apart, and don't really seem to care...

Still worth it, living away from civilization...

I signed up for google fiber and can't wait until they install it. That is great speed but in my experience at&t's customer service is not much better than Comcast. Att and Comcast have had the ability to provide that kind of Internet for years but haven't felt the need to until Google got into the game.

Meanwhile, in rural areas where only AT&T DSL is available, they have let the network fall apart, and don't really seem to care...

One day you will get their yet to be developed fixed wireless service. Rural areas are expensive to upgrade. AT&T announced successful trials with 14Gig speed on the experimental 5G service.

I wish I could get dsl. I am on satellite internet. It's almost as slow as 90's dial up, and limited to 15gigs of data a month. Oh I can't wait to get me some of that superfast dsl.

they tore up my neighborhood a couple of months ago installing wires. I had forgotten about it. Seems this is available in my area now. Verizon Fios and Google Fiber are not. This is the same price as I am paying with Comcast for 50Mb/s and 300 gigs a month. And for the 3rd month in a row the bill is not what they said it would be.

Looks like I'll be switching.

Back
Top Bottom