• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could you turn off your phone and walk away from the internet

I literally have my laptop open and on my lap every single night, my business and employees require me to stay plugged in all of the time. Last year I started putting my phone on mute and on the charger at about 6 each night..it helped some but I feel completely anchored all of the time. My idea of retirement is to not need a computer or phone anymore!

I literally have my laptop open and on my lap every single night, my business and employees require me to stay plugged in all of the time. Last year I started putting my phone on mute and on the charger at about 6 each night..it helped some but I feel completely anchored all of the time. My idea of retirement is to not need a computer or phone anymore!
hold on here....when I retire, which will be soon...I fully expect to be an internet junkie!!! I plan on bothering any/and everybody I know...including my grandchildren!!!

I have to use the phone and internet for work, but when I go on vacation, I often turn the phone off and disconnect for weeks at a time. My favorite get away spots don't have cell service.

That’s what I want. I tell myself I’m doing a great job because i only work 40 hours a week and i come straight home and don’t get drunk every night. In reality I come home to sit and stare at my device while my family stares at their device and we eat dinner shower sleep repeat
Your awareness now sets the tone for quality family time. Simplify your life and your family will thank you for it.

Im just curious. I know there is a variety of folks here. I know personally my screen time is pretty high and almost embarrassing. I know there are some who don't even carry a cellphone or those who only cut it on to make a call but also those who are on ours constantly. I know some only access forums from computers. I find I scroll while on hold and such at work and when Im home I just mindlessly scroll here and other forums and the book. For me picking up my phone or check on my computer is a lot like lighting a cigarette when i was a smoker. I didnt even realize what I was doing and didnt really want a cigarette I just did. Could you walk away from social media (including forums) and if so what would you do with your time?
Because of business, no.

Back
Top Bottom